We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

I have been to Paris when i was young, but i honestly dont remember where we stayed. I am going back with my wife for our anniversary and she has never been before. Of course we want to do all the touristy things like the eiffel tower, the Louvre, and the Chames elysse (i know i cant spell). What is the best area to stay in? Looking to spend around $250 - $300 a night and i want something that is close to all the action so is easy to get around.

Thanks in advance!

CT
Level Contributor
852 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

This questioned is asked almost daily and you can search the forum. However for all first timers with a good budget (ie you), I would recommend arr 4-7 but I think the 6th is my favorite for a first visit.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

Hi there

I love The Marais - 4th arr - it has a great feel vibrant but for still "villagey". Lots of cafes, bars, restaurants and great shops. A short walk takes you to sights such as Notre Dame and the Bastille.

Kind Regards

Merran

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

Le Marais or Saint-Germain des Pres, these 2 places are the best experience for me. Try to rent an apartment instead of hotel to feel the Parisian way of live.

Enjoy!

Brazil
Level Contributor
65 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

I'll add Quartier Latin to the list. It's central for tourists and lively. The Saint Michel area is pretty good.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

Hello- I believe the the 5th or the Marais are the best area. Try renting an apartment. We are in September for 2 weeks. It's cheaper in Sept. than a hotel.

Happy Anniversary!!! We are leaving on ours, the 29th of August too.

SA
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

The Saint-Germain, Latin Quarter and Marais are central districts with lively atmospheres. Around the Eiffel Tower it's a bit quiet but otherwise it is also nice and popular. Around the Champs Elysees, from the Trocadero to the Arc de Triomphe and then onto the Opera and the Louvre, it's a bit more posh and as far as I'm concerned with less character.

But as a rule of thumb, you'll be fine in any of the single digit districts.

7. Re: Best area to stay in Paris for first timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:17