We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona from Paris

miami
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona from Paris

Hello,

I will be traveling from Paris to Barcelona in April as a part my Europe vacation. My question is what airport should I use or which one is closer to the city center?

Thanks for the help

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona from Paris

It really doesn't make much difference. Orly is closer to Paris, but CDG has easier access by public transport. Choose the flight that suits you price-wise and time-wise.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona from Paris

Check www.skyscanner.net or www.dohop.com for discount EU airlines.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,952 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona from Paris

Look at Vueling and Easyjet, both are fine, but do read about luggage restrictions and add the charge for luggage on as you buy ticket its more expensive at airport.

Pricing is so variable, I found Vueling cheaper for a flight between Nice and Barcelona( then Easyjet) , but from Barcelona to Paris found Easyjet cheaper. Between Paris-Barcelona a trian is like 12-14 hours and its no cheaper then a flight, in fact if you want a couchette( for sleeping) its more expensive.

I am however taking the train from Paris to Nice its going to run me about 40 euros one way.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona from Paris

Alternatively, you could go city to city by train in as little as 7h40mins - no airport transfer, no airport security, no waiting for baggage.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,952 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona from Paris

well 8 hours on a train aint no picnic,, i will be enjoying a glass of wine at a nice cafe in Paris in less then 4 hrs this way!

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,054 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona from Paris

No need to go anywhere near a stressful airport!

Just check into the overnight 'trainhotel', the civilised, comfortable and ecologically-friendly alternative to the nightmare of the budget airline 'herd' experience...

The trainhotel 'Joan Miro' leaves Paris Gare d'Austerlitz in central Paris at 20:23 every night, with cosy bedrooms, elegant restaurant car and cafe-bar with full-length polished wooden bar and bar stools, arrives Bareclona France in the heart of Barcelona at 08:05 next morning.

See the virtual tour at www.elipsos.com

Fares from 79 euros or so with a bed in a 4-berth Tourist sleeper, or (for two people travelling together) around 169 euros each in a 2-bed Gran Clase 1st class sleeper with shower, 3-course dinner with wine, coffee and liqueurs and breakfast all included.

Book at www.tgv-europe.com (select 'Antarctic' if you're from the USA to avoid being bumped to Rail Europe). Booking opens 90 days ahead.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,952 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona from Paris

170 euros EACH,, yikes. you are out of my league.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelona from Paris

If you start subtracting estimated prices for all of the individual included items that Seat 6 has mentioned the price is competitive with flying (don't forget the big cost of this being a hotel room on wheels). Considering it allows you a full day in Paris, eliminates transfering to the airport in Paris and Barcelona, and not having to put up with the usual airport hassels, - it's not a bad deal all things considered.

Davidson, North...
Level Contributor
214 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelona from Paris

We 're trying to make the same sir vs train decision. Issue with high speed day train is dealing with luggage when changing trains and what to do with the luggage while waiting for next train. I do like the idea of scenery and drinking wine, reading, etc on train vs cattle car on plane. Vueling, which we like, has checked luggage limit of 44 pounds with 10 Euro charge for each Kilo over weight. This a puzzlement :)

Davidson, North...
Level Contributor
214 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelona from Paris

We 're trying to make the same air vs train decision. Issue with high speed day train is dealing with luggage when changing trains and what to do with the luggage while waiting for next train. I do like the idea of scenery and drinking wine, reading, etc on train vs cattle car on plane. Vueling, which we like, has checked luggage limit of 44 pounds with 10 Euro charge for each Kilo over weight. This a puzzlement :