We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

My husband and I are heading to Paris next week. Looking for a good Corsican restaurant and any other recommendations for lunch/dinner. Haven't been to Paris in 9 years. We live in Chicago (city). A lot of our favorites are local, neighborhood gems. Plus, we love trying the newest hot spots. Interested in restaurants offering great, quality food/service, and those not filled with tourists. Price is a factor only if the food/service fall below expectations

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

My personal favorite was Les Cocottes, which is a short walk from the Eiffel Tower. It's one of Christian Constant's joints, but it's a more casual atmosphere. Great comfort French cooking and the chocolate tarte is to die for. I loved the ambiance - it's a very laid back place, too. They also had some wonderful wines by the glass that weren't very expensive.

Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

Just looked/read...sounds great! Looks to be closed Sat/Sun, so Fri will be perfect!

Thanks so much!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

Casa luna for Corsican food. Or terra corsa rue des martyrs for a less formal meal

Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

thank you!

California
Level Contributor
5,382 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

"Interested in restaurants offering great, quality food/service, and those not filled with tourists."

The problem is anyplace we post here will soon be filled with tourists (if not already!) LOL

Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

You are so right! LOL!!!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

L'alivi in the Marais is supposed to be good Coriscan food.

Our favourite resturant is Spring (you have to reserve a month ahead and it's a no choice menu, so not for everyone).

We also really like Au Vieux Comptoir in the 1st for classic French bistro food and great selection of wine by the glass.

We finally tried Chez l"ami Jean in October (in the 7th) and loved this temple of Basque food run by wild chef Stegane Jego.

Tried Au Passage wine bar in the 11th, great for small plates, very young hip atmosphere (but they let us in anyways, lol and we had a great time!)

Also loved Les Papilles in the 5th and Le Baratin in the 20th.

Have fun in Paris!

JO

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,145 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

Our long-time favorite is Au Petit Marguery, in the 13th. It's an old-time family bistro with a big local following; it's common to see family groups celebrating birthdays or anniversaries. That makes for an exceptionally congenial atmosphere, and the food is terrific. I would swim (if I could) over just to have the sautéed wood mushrooms in the autumn and winter.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,116 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

What the heck, go for Guy Savoy (if you can get in) and blow the budget.

…blogspot.com/2011/06/paris-3-dinner-at-guy-…

Alternatively, for a touch of the same consider Les Bouquinistes

www.lesbouquinistes.com

which is under the auspices of Guy Savoy but is much less expensive and with a more restricted menu. but still impeccable service and high quality food.

10. Re: What is your favorite(s) restaurant in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2012, 10:20