We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for a football fan @ Stade de France?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for a football fan @ Stade de France?

I'm attending the France/US international friendly at Stade de France on 11/11. I'm absolutely thrilled, as I'm a massive football fan. But as an American having never been to a French game, I'm wondering if there's anything I should know? In my city we drink, stand, and sing through the entire 90 minutes- I have a feeling it's not the same in France. Any tips on French football culture or the Stade itself appreciated!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for a football fan @ Stade de France?

Most people tend to sit.

Have a feeling that the beer they serve inside the stade is non-alcoholic!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for a football fan @ Stade de France?

No alcohol inside the stadium, but you can stand and sing your heart out.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for a football fan @ Stade de France?

Whether you can stand will depend on the people sitting or standing around you. If you are standing on your own then you will get some annoyed people behind you.

The beer in the stadium is alcohol free but they do not publicise the fact.

There are many temporary bars on the walk from the train station up to the stadium, this is usually a good atmosphere. Grab a beera and a merguez and get chatting to some locals.

There could be a decent crowd as they are literally giving tickets away for this.

4. Re: Tips for a football fan @ Stade de France?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:19