We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Paris - day trip guides?

Perth
Level Contributor
586 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Paris - day trip guides?

Hi all - we are heading across to spend 2-3 weeks in parts of Europe and I am starting here on this forum with queries. We have never travelled to Paris and while I don't want to go on an organised tour for the whole time I do realise there is a lot to see and learn. I would like to think we can perhaps do day tours - if there is a "Top 10" things to see in Paris - perhaps you could advise. Also we would like to spend time in Provence - is there an option for a guided bus to the region, where we can stay and be shown special places with a guide without having to be in a very controlled group for weeks. Your advice is so much appreciated

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Paris - day trip guides?

The "Top 10" for Paris will vary according to your interests. I suggest you get a Paris guide book and read up on what's on offer, and decide what appeals to you. The transport system in Paris is very good, so it's easy to get around yourself.

"Also we would like to spend time in Provence - is there an option for a guided bus to the region"

That's a bit like being in London and asking if there's a guided bus to Scotland. Provence is, as you recognise, a REGION - say 125 miles across - and it's 400 miles from Paris. You'll need to get there by train or plane. The Provence forum is your best place to ask about tours.

2. Re: First time to Paris - day trip guides?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 21:17