We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea food platter

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Topic
Sea food platter

Anyone any ideas one great seafood platters in Paris?

So many places, so many conflicting reports!

It's for a special occasion.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea food platter

I don't know if there's any useful info, but here's a recent thread on the subject:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k43129…

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea food platter

Thanks Happy..it does help a bit!

Anyone ordered seafood at Rech? Le Dôme? Ecailler de la Fontaine?

New York
Level Contributor
266 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea food platter

If you can read French or have a good translation program check out restaurants on this website: http://www.restoaparis.com

You can find reviews of seafood restaurants on this website by clicking on poisson. I just checked and didn't find any specific reference to what you are looking for. It's by and for Parisians and probably has the most reliable information. If you want a plateau des fruites de mer, bring money. Better yet, go to Brittany where they catch the stuff.

There is a chain all around Paris called Bar a Huitres. A plateau des fruites de mers is a standard on their menu. The quality of seafood is pretty consistent but how good the service is depends on which one you go to. We've eaten at the one on St. Jacques and not been too bowled over. The one in the Bastille neighborhood is supposedly better.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea food platter

I really love La Coupole, and they are well known for their big seafood platters.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
1,702 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea food platter

I haven't tried a seafood platter when eating at La Couple but I've had fun watching others do so. They tackle these platters with gusto and seem to really enjoy the food. In addition, La Couple's atmosphere adds much fun to a special occasion. But this is not the place for you, if your special occasion requires a quiet, intimate evening.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea food platter

Thanks to all!

Now I'm wondering between Le Dôme and La Coupole??!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea food platter

Just to finish up on my topic.

Ended up booking into Mollard...walked out ( have just posted review) and went to Garnier jsut opposite the Gare St Lazare ( again, review pending).

The seafood here is amazing...not cheap, but top notch!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea food platter

I'm glad you are eating well. Frankly, there are hundreds of places in Paris that do top notch seafood platters, and I would never go out of my way to find one. Since all of the item are in full display on ice in front of the establishments, I would just choose the place with the most appealing selection -- some are very definitely better than others and not always the big famous places.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,765 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea food platter

L'Enfance de Lard at 21 rue Guisgarde. Weate there for a second time this trip last night. I had the sole and my frined had an entire grilled bar (SIC). With a bottle of red Sancere it came to 67 euros and was deliscious.

Au Vieux Comptoir in the 1st does a nice fish dinner, too.

Pjk

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
906 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea food platter

I've had the opposite experience at Bar a Huitres in the past...better service at St. Jacques than Bastille!

But they've recently changed owners , there was a positive blurb in France Today. We went to the St. Jacques one in February and had a great meal..just oysters and soup(it was after an evening at the Ballet) but the selection of seafood platters looked outstanding!