We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Trip March 26 to March 31 ' (Paris/Disney combined)

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Our Trip March 26 to March 31 ' (Paris/Disney combined)

Hi,

Posted this in the summary report section but following a recommendation am posting here too.

Ours was a Disney/Paris visit which I hope might interest some people. We had a very successful trip. We arrived Friday March 26th 2010 and left Wed Mar 31st. Thanks to everyone who offered advice and tips.

We arrived mid-afternoon on Friday. We pre-purchased our VEA shuttle tickets.We found where to wait quite easily but had to wait quite a bit for the bus.When the bus arrived it brought us to another stop where we had to get out and get on another bus.This bus didn't leave for another 15 mins so quite a delay.Once we got going then it was fine and took approx an hour to get to our hotel, New York. Check-in was straight forward. We got our room, dropped our bags and headed for the main park. It was a very short walk, we were in Disney Village in a minute and the park a few minutes later. We spent a few hours there until the park started to close.

The following morning we headed to Versailles. It took us a while to get there but it was very easy to negotiate the RER and metro system. We had a lovely morning there and headed back to Disney for a few more hours in the main park. I would recommend booking tickets in advance for Versailles as the queues were very long. It was a Saturday also which may have added to the queues. In saying that I met a lovely couple from Indiana who queued behind me so the time passed relatively quickly. My dh took the kids away for a walk. which also helped.

The next day we had set aside for Paris and headed from DLP to the Trocadero (with a few changes) and had a stroll down to the Eiffel Tower, taking in the amazing views as we did. The kids faces when they turned the corner into the Trocadero was priceless, they had no idea of what they would see. We had booked our tickets for the Eiffel Tower so we didn't have to wait long. We went up to the second floor. There were huge queues for the 3rd floor but we hadn't planned on it anyway.

We walked to Bir Hakeim (spl) to head to the Louvre and decided to have something to eat. We stopped in a small restaurant near the Eiffel Tower and had a tasty meal of crepes for us and pizza for the kids. While changing metros, we spotted signs for the Arc de Triomphe so we diverted there. It is something we should have planned on but that is the way it happened.

We got off the metro at the Louvre and purchased our tickets at the little shop on the way in. There was no queue really at that point. We spent just an hour or two at the Louvre concentrating on seeing the ML and VdeM. The kids really enjoyed the sculptures too and the really large paintings. Unfortunately the kids were flagging a lot by then so we then headed back to the Disney parks. After a little rest we spent another hour in the park.

The next 2 days we spent in the Parks. The weather wasn't great but we were lucky as we seemed to miss the heavy showers. We took advantage of the Magic hours both mornings but they were a mixed blessing. The first morning, they had some sort of a power cut and we weren't even able to get in for about 20 mins and then all the lands (that were available to us) were powerless too. We stuck it out though and were well positioned in the queue when things finally got going.

Monday was a great day as the crowds were definitely less than the weekend. Tuesday we took in a few rides early and then headed to the Studios. Loved the Tower of Terror and Crush's Coaster. Headed back to the Hotel for a swim and then went into the MK for a while later. The following morning we spend an hour in the MK before we had to head back to get our VEA shuttle.

Re the Hotel: Nice hotel, very close to Disney Village and the Parks. We never took the free shuttle- we felt our kids were old enough to walk- but some people did. The food was good although we had only breakfast there. Great choice and well presented imo. I did feel the Hotel was a bit sterile/cold iykwim despite regular appearances by characters, dancing in the lobby etc. The room was ideal for our needs.

On the negative we were charged for items we didn't use from the minibar. This was probably because we moved some cans to be able to fit medication in. There was a notice stating not to put medication or food inside but I didn't spot it until after I had put it in.Be aware of this.We pointed out on check-out that we hadn't used anything but we were tight on time so couldn't hang around for them to check it out. We might get a refund yet, who knows.

The pool was deep as had been reported, I wasn't able to stand in it not to mind the 2 kids. We didn't find it cold but I noticed people who tried the jacuzzi really winced on re-entering the pool so that might be the reason people said it was cold.

All in all we had a great holiday. We are tired from our travelling around Paris and the Parks but we did expect that. We did meet some lovely Scottish people which was a bonus. We didn't get to the D'Orsay which was disappointing and I would have loved more time in Versailles but with 2 kids you have to play it by ear! Any queries just shout.

Thanks again.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Trip March 26 to March 31 ' (Paris/Disney combined)

I love that when you got into Paris, you allowed yourself to be diverted and go with what grabbed your eye/heart! Undoubtedly, a good way to holiday.

Glad you all enjoyed it so much!!!!!

2. Re: Our Trip March 26 to March 31 ' (Paris/Disney combined)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2010, 06:22