We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

Scotland
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

I am getting a ryan air flight to beauvais and then the shuttle bus to Port Maillot, I just wondered where this is near eg arch de trimophe??? is in the centre of paris

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,840 Reviews
from US$37.80*
US$43.50
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

The center of Paris would be considered to be near the Louvre or Notre Dame. That is not where Port Maillot is. Port Maillot is near the Arc de Triomphe. It is just to the west of the Arc de Triomphe.

To give you a visual: Walk west from the Louvre, through the Tuillerie Gardens, to Place de la Concorde, down the Champs-Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe, past the Arc de Triomphe to the Port Maillot.

I take it you are staying in that area? So am I. I am staying just west of the Port Maillot in an apartment. I'm not really very familiar with the area but I have read and heard that it is lovely.

I have actually emailed Paris Greeters three times now asking to have one of their volunteers do a tour of the 17th arrondissment for the day I arrive in Paris. I have not received a response from them, which saddens me.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

I got the bus to Porte Maillot from Beauvais last year ... I'm not sure where you're travelling to, but would think most areas would be a bit of a trek from there.

However, there is a big shopping centre opposite the bus station, if you cross the road and then walk round to the right of the centre you will find a metro station. Cant remember what it was called. From there should be easy enough to travel to wherever you are staying.

(Sounds harder than it is, it's very basic when you're there!)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

Porte Maillot is on le Peripherique (ring road). It is not THAT far from Arc de Triomphe but Arc de Triomphe is not exactly center of Paris either.

A quick response would be NO.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

It is definitively not central, but Porte Maillot métro station is on line 1, which leads directly and very quickly to central Paris. Here is the Métro map, you will need less than 10 minutes to get to Châtelet:

www.ratp.info/orienter/cv/carteparis.php

Just a "trick": when you see/read "Porte something", that means that is is a "gate" to Paris, there are such gates all around Paris (look at the métro map, you will find porte d'Orléans, porte de Clignancourt, etc); you are there on a kind of border between Paris and its suburbs.

USA
Level Contributor
30,331 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

PORTE MAILLOT is at the western edge of the city. It you're looking for a practical (not necessarily geographic) '..center..' for Paris, then use PLACE de la CONCORDE.

Paris
7 posts
1 review
6. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

Not in the center of Paris, but about 3 – 4 km from Arch de Triomph.

When you leave the shuttle bus, be careful to take a licensed taxi (they are very reluctant to take short distance passengers), especially at night. Otherwise you will be charged 5-6 times more !. Anyway the Metro and RER are just across the road.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
290 posts
43 reviews
7. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

its not in the centre of paris but near the porte maillot metro station. what arrondisment are u in? check out a metro map n navigate ur way from there. its easier than it seems n really cheap

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
8. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

I am living (March 2009) just a few blocks from the Arc de Triomphe. Port Maillot is only a few blocks west of the Arc, maybe 2 klm to Champs Elysees. The Port Maillot Metro is the second stop from the Arc de Triomphe and perhaps, ten minutes to Concorde. The number 73 bus also runs along Grand Armee, which is the street W of the Arc which becomes Champs Elysses on the other side, through Concorde and ends at the Musee de Orsay. Port Maillot is a very convenient base location.

9. Re: Is Port Maillot station in the centre of paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 23:18