We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
270 posts
4 reviews
Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

Hi,

we will be staying at Novotel Suites Paris Expo Porte de Versailles (By Porte De Vanves station) and have a TGV train to catch at 7.55 AM on Friday, Sep 7th from Paris Gare de Lyon station. We have 2 kids, 5 ear old and 20 month old. I am assuming I need to reach station at least 30 minutes before the train time.

Would is best and quick to go via Uber? As Metro and tram will require changes and lot of time..

But I won't have car seat for kids with me, do I need it in Paris? That will be my only trip in Uber/taxi in Paris. I guess 5 year old will be fine without car seat and just seat belt but concerned for my 20 month old, would Uber/Taxi have a car seat? Sorry I have never used Uber..During that time of the day so you recommend Uber or Taxi?

Thanks,

Ash

Edited: 16 August 2018, 20:03
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,846 Reviews
from US$37.50*
US$44.00
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,290 Reviews
from US$109.90*
10 replies to this topic
Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

I've never used Uber, so can't help you with that one. I don't understand why you would want to use Uber rather than a taxi.

By law, taxis are not required to have infant car seats in Paris. Uber operates outside any laws, so it obviously has no requirements, but I thought you could request one on their website?

I find it astonishing that someone who has never used Uber would decide a foreign country and Paris is the place to start.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
270 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

Thanks ChristinaW. Actually lot pf people in pairs forum recommended using Uber to me that is why I thought about it, as it's reasonable I guess then taxi? Is there a taxi service you recommend which pick up form your hotel?

Thanks,

Ash

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,226 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

Taxis G7 is the largest taxi co-operative in Paris. If you book in advance, I think you can request a car seat. You can book in English on 01 4127 6699

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

You can book a taxi with age/size-appropriate car seats & booster seats from Taxi G7.

Book in advance. They have an English-language phone line if you want to talk to someone rather than book directly on the website.

Here is the link to their website, which shows their family options:

https:/…taxi-g7-kids

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,090 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

I would get to the station a little more than 30 minutes early, especially since you are unfamiliar with it and will have the kids in tow.

If you’re staying at a hotel, can’t they get a taxi for you?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
270 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

Thank you all and thank you for suggesting the company, I will look it up .

F1racegirl, you are right I should reach earlier then 30 minuets, so my question what time should I leave hotel to reach station on time ? Will there be traffic that early on a Friday morning ? I guess I should reach station at 7.10 am to catch 7.55 am train , is that reasonable or should I reach earlier then that ? Should I leave 6.30 am from hotel ?

And I should my hotel if they can get a taxi for me.

Thanks ,

Ash

Edited: 17 August 2018, 07:50
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
39 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

I'm in a similar situation to you albeit my children are 6 & 7, I thought of Uber, then was told use standard taxis as they can use bus routes which is faster if a little more expensive. I think if your hotel orders ahead its an extra 7 Euros but that may just have been my hotel at the time.

I've now downloaded the Chauffeur Prive app which looks great to me, you can book ahead and choose your car, again a little more expensive or just log onto the app when your ready and it shows location of your car, the driver and txts you when they arrive. Support via Facebook seemed very quick and helpful too which I find comforting when abroad..

I haven't used this yet but plan to next week, Ill let you know..

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
208 reviews
8. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

To help you when you get to the station have a look at

https:/…Overview

The Hall (1 or 2) is posted well in advance, the platform only 20 mins before departure.

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

@GaryBrett, We’ve been using Chauffeur Privé for several years now (originally recommended to me as a better local alternative to Uber by my family living in Paris) — been very happy with their service, very professional drivers.

But I’ve never needed to request a car seat from them, so I don’t know if they offer that option.

Taxi G7 does offer the special family service with car and booster seats.

Yes, asking your hotel to arrange a taxi is a good idea. But if you need to have a baby car seat, be sure they specify that when booking. The €7 fee for prebooking is normal for taxis in Paris, but worth it to be sure you will have a car there when you need it, especially early in the morning.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
270 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?

Thank you GaryBrett , yes that will be great if you can share your experience and thank you so much Stuart G for that link..very helpful..

Thank you LovesSunnyIsles, yes I was hoping to get more economical way to reach station but I guess I don't have choice.

Is this taxifarefinder reliable site to get estimate for taxi? Not sure if it applies all taxi or certain taxi company?

Thanks,

Ash

Reply to: Uber/taxi to reach Paris Gare de Lyon station early morning?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted