We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Moulin Vert + Montparnasse

salisbury, england
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Hotel Moulin Vert + Montparnasse

We're going to be staying at the Moulin Vert in May - I'd be interested to hear from anybody who's used this hotel previously.

Also could anyone give me some idea of where to find child-friendy (and cheap!) cafes or restaurants in the Montparnasse area - particularly the streets around the Tour de Montparnasse? Thanks in advance.

The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours
Hit the Road
Literary, Art & Music Tours
Florida
Level Contributor
17,390 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Moulin Vert + Montparnasse

Here are a few 'child friendly' restaurants, either near Tour Montparnasse, or near Moulin Vert on avenue du General Leclerc:

<>Hippopotamus

- 68 bd Montparnasse

- 80 av G��n Leclerc

www.hippopotamus.fr/hippo/kid/index.html

<>Chez Clement

- 106 bd Montparnasse

http://www.chezclement.com/anglais/carte.htm

(children's menu)

<>McDonalds

- 71 Avenue du G��n��ral Leclerc

You will probably be fine going into any casual brasserie or cafe with children. There is always 'roast chicken and fries' or something like that.

Scotland
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Moulin Vert + Montparnasse

We stayed at Moulin Vert for 4 nights in July of last year. We found the hotel to be simple, a little bit faded, but enjoyable all the same. For the price we paid, I thought it was pretty good value. The breakfast was simple but ok. The area it's in had a good feel to it. Very residential, not busy, but no dead either. The nearest metro is Pernety, about 250m away. There's a bus that goes past the hotel that you can take to e.g. Pont Neuf.

Can really advise you on cafes except to say there are loads of them! In case you don't know, you can take the life to the top of Tour Montparnasse where the view is fantastic. Don't miss it! Have a great time!

salisbury, england
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Moulin Vert + Montparnasse

Thanks very much for the info!