We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Cruise on the Seine

GTA
Level Contributor
45 posts
65 reviews
Dinner Cruise on the Seine

Looking for a nice dinner for two on one of our early May 2018 nights in Paris. Looking for the best combination of dinner quality, view, and operator. Would like a decent amount of time on the boat (understand it can be as short as 1:15, but as long as 3:00). Please let me know and many thanks!

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,843 Reviews
from US$37.90*
US$43.70
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
12 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

I can recommend Le Calife. It is about 2.5 to 3 hours long and goes further down river to the quarter sized Statue of Liberty and is timed to be at the Eiffel Tower when it sparkles. There 3 different set priced menus at different price levels and each with 2 or 3 choices for each course. You also get a small appetizer and a glass of champagne. The food is prepared onboard. We ordered the mid-priced menu and had a window side table. You book online, but their booking window is 30 days prior to your desired date. We really enjoyed this dinner cruise and thought it was good value.

California
Level Contributor
8,687 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

Ditto--Le Calife

Virginia
Level Contributor
702 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

The Don Juan has also been recommended to me here, along with Le Calife. I've not done the dinner cruises, but recommendations here rarely let me down.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

Another Calife vote.

Thetford, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
98 reviews
5. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

Yet another vote for Le Calife. We have done it twice now and both times have been fantastic. Unlike some dinner cruises, everyone gets a good view.

California
Level Contributor
8,687 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

Yes, the Don Juan is highly recommended...it's a lot pricier, tho.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,373 posts
660 reviews
7. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

"I can recommend Le Calife. "

I need to check into this as well.

California
Level Contributor
166 posts
175 reviews
8. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

We have booked a dinner cruise on Le Calife next month. The confirmation states that we should arrive between 7:45 pm and 8:15 pm for an 8:50pm departure. Although we would not arrive at the last moment, is their any reason to arrive at 7:45 pm? Are cocktails served beginning at 7:45 pm? Is the dock side setting pleasant? Are the window tables given to the early arrives?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
42 reviews
9. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

We were seated upon arrival. All tables are window-side. We were served a glass of champagne and a little appetizer(included) before sailing. I believe their objective in early boarding is so that everyone is seated, settled and accounted for well before sailing. I don't think they delay sailing for late comers. Enjoy your cruise - we did.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
26,403 posts
32 reviews
10. Re: Dinner Cruise on the Seine

Le Calife is quite popular, but the only one that I have ever taken is a dinner cruise on the Bateaux-Mouches at the Pont de l'Alma. I confess that I was not paying -- my airline was inviting at least 50 travel agencies and also diplomatic guests, so we needed a really big boat. However, I recall that the dinner was very good (but not "outstanding") and the cruise lasted a very long time. After all my company could ask for it to be extended as long as they wanted.

I don't know which is a better deal since I imagine that almost no one takes more than one dinner cruise on the Seine so there no basis for comparison.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 18:37
Reply to: Dinner Cruise on the Seine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted