We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

I have searched online including on TA forums, but I am still not sure that of all the segments of La petite ceinture officially open to the public, which one to explore if there wasn't enough time, and I also can't seem to find clear instructions on how to access these segments.

Looking at

https:/…La-petite-ceinture

it seems to me that there are 4 segments open to public:

- PC 16, in the 16th arrondissement, between the Porte d’Auteuil and the Gare de la Muette

- PC 12, in the 12th arrondissement, accessible from 21 Rue Rottembourg

- PC 15, in the 15th arrondissement, between the Place Balard and the Rue Olivier de Serres, entrance at 99 Rue Olivier de Serres

- PC 13, in the 13th arrondissement. Access at 60 Rue Damesme and runs from the Charles Trenet garden to the Moulin de la Pointe garden

I think there is some more information available at https://www.paris.fr/ but I can't decode it, as my French is near non-existent, apart from the usual polite words.

Ideally, it would help if the segment was up to an hour long (walk duration wise), and safe. We intend to walk during the day and there will be two of us.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks for the help.

CD

Mentioned in this post
La Gare
La Gare
1,334 Reviews
Paris, France
14 replies to this topic
Sussex
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

Carpe_diem you already know far more than I ever did. The only bit I'm familiar with is near La Muette. I've caught other glimpses here and there but it's a bit creepy in places. That second website you linked actually does have some useful info, including access and opening times. Just click on English - the choice appears at the bottom of your screen.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

In the 17th it has been turned into a park from Porte Maillot to Pereire which is a very pleasant short walk.

equipement.paris.fr/promenade-pereire-2821

London, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

Sorry littlelambsussex, I can't see a link to a website in English anywhere on Mairie de Paris's website ( https://www.paris.fr/ ). There is a link to a website in English at the top ( "VISITING PARIS ? PLAN YOUR TRIP" - https://en.parisinfo.com/ ) but that is for visitors and not residents. That is the first link which I quoted, where there is some limited information.

CD

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
20,159 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

If using Google's Chrome browser, in the URL bar there is an icon that will translate a non-English website, even as you click through on other links.

Here's a map: https:/…index.html

I suspect the light blue ("open trench") and yellow ("on the level") sections are open... the others are marked as "embankment", "overpass", "tunnel" and "missing".

London, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

Thanks, SFSusanW. I don't think I have seen this link before.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

Yes - sorry I assumed you were using Google Chrome -silly of me because not everyone does. It comes up on my phone screen. Google translate is often a joke but this isn't bad - gives you more than a fair idea.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

You can have a look at this photo report, which is ongoing starting from 2013 and up through March 2017. There are 5 pages so be sure to click to see all pages:

…proboards.com/thread/…petite-ceinture-paris

London, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

Thanks, French_Mystique. I will go through it. Also many thanks to kerouac2 !

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

>> Yes - sorry I assumed you were using Google Chrome -silly of me because not everyone does <<

Similar feature in most browsers - in IE, just right-click and choose "Translate" - Edge or Firefox requires you load an extension/plugin and then you get a "Translate" button for pages.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?

Kerouac2?

Reply to: La petite ceinture - which segment to explore ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted