We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viator Tour Company

nisswa MN
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Viator Tour Company

Has anyone used this tour company, Viator? I found them on the Michelein website when I was using their road maps. We are looking at using them in Austria, Italy and France. They ask that you book at least 24 hours in advance and give a credit card. They had a wine tour that we thought would be interesting.

nonflyer
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viator Tour Company

This program is really excellent. When you checkout you can also list your frequent flyer program and program number; they offer a bonus of 1 frequent flyer miles per dollar with the American AAdvantage, United, Delta, US Air and some other programs.

There's also a 5% off coupon code for all viator tours that I have used and it worked well. it's listed here:

…wordpress.com/2007/…

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viator Tour Company

I had enquired with Viator for tours in Italy and via email correspondence it became known that they are a middleman. The tours are with different tour companies at least for the ones I asked about. I didn't end up reserving any of the tours so I don't know how they are. But when I was enquiring about the itinerary for one tour I found out that it was not for sure that they would take the clients to a particular place although the intinerary made it sound as though they would. It had something to do with time constraints and only if it the time was enough then they'd take the group there.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
173 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viator Tour Company

Yes, they are a middleman but our experience with them was good in that they were easy to deal with when we had a medical ER and had to suddenly cancel our tour. I've heard good things about them and at least after our experience, we would book with them again.

Madrid
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Viator Tour Company

I booked a tour in www.viator.com and I must say we had a lot of problems because the overbooking. We were requested to wait until the very last minute to board in order to check if there were available seats in the bus, although we had booked in advance and reconfirm the tour by phone. Then the tour was made in a rush because the spent time trying to solve the overbooking...

Marlton, NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viator Tour Company

I'm wanting to book two viator tours, one in Spain and one in Morocco, directly following each other. There is a day in between to get from one to the other; however, I called viator customer service, and they don't have any information about ground transportation in the foreign country, hotels, anything. American travel agents want nothing to do with us if we don't let them plan the entire trip, and we're trying to save money. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting from the airport to a hotel, to the tour, between tours, etc.? Do you just call hotels in Spain at random to book in advance, hope that you'll find ground transportation on the day that you need it? Confused....

6. Re: Viator Tour Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Dijon
Recent Conversations