We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Centre

Which Bergerac hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
439 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Centre

There doesn't seem a huge amount of activity on this forum and I am sure this question will already have been asked numerous times but can't find it other than taxi's are expensive but how much would you be expected to pay to go from the airport to the centre of Bergerac? I have never been to France at all and have no idea what to expect pricewise. Not going to quibble but don't like getting ripped off either so like to have an idea ha ha. We booked this few days next month purely on impulse and are staying at the hotel de France in the centre somewhere. I had hoped to go village hopping but I gather there are not many buses going about in this area?

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Centre

The cost for the taxi from the airport to Bergerac town should be about 15-20 Euros.

Although it its possible to visit some villages by bus, the buses are few and far between so you could end up stranded or waiting a very long time. Car hire is definitely the best way to explore the area.

See:

frenchairportguide.com/egc/bergerac-airport-…

It would be a good idea to visit the main tourist office in the centre of Bergerac for advice, maps, ideas, leaflets. etc. French tourist offices are usually excellent and they almost invariably have someone who speaks good English.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,027 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Centre

Bus service is the area is almost non-existent. You can find the timetables here, only in French

cg24.fr/servir_les_citoyens/…97

There are three buses each weekday day between Bergerac and Périgueux but none at all at weekends. There are also four buses a week to Lalinde and one bus a day to Eymet. But these come into Bergerac in the morning and go back in the afternoon, exactly the opposite of what a visitor would want to do. That is the sum total of public bus service at Bergerac.

Trains run along the Dordogne valley through Bergerac, with a train to Libourne and Bordeaux about once every hour on weekdays, about every two hours at weekends and in the other direction along the scenic river valley to to Sarlet via Le Buisson about once every two hours every day.

But, as the others have said, if you want to get out and about and see places, you really have no alternative but to hire a car.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
439 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Centre

Thank you both so much. Your replies are much appreciated.

Kath

Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Centre

I dont suppose you are going the weekend 20.04.2013 from bristol are you? That would be too much to hope for I suppose as if so, we could share a taxi !!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
439 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Centre

Ha ha no Chris sorry - going 23rd from Liverpool. I will look out for you though :)

6. Re: Airport to Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:16