We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night lodging between BOD and Sarlat

Montreal
Level Contributor
749 posts
72 reviews
One night lodging between BOD and Sarlat

Our flight is scheduled to land at BOD at 7am on Friday June 23rd but we cannot get into our Sarlat rental until Saturday.

So we are looking for a reasonable and efficient place to stay Friday night.

Preferably with breakfast included, and I would think closer to Sarlat given checkin times etc, but we are flexible on location, as long as it is reasonably en route.

Edited: 15 March 2017, 16:40
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,372 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: One night lodging between BOD and Sarlat

I will suggest Bergerac, which is a town of 28,000 people about half way to Sarlat, assuming you are driving. But it will take not much more than 1hr 30 minutes, so the question remains what will you do for for the rest of the mornng before you can check in anywhere?

Or why not stay in Bordeaux? It's a very nice city. That way you can also save on a day's car rental.

French hotels usually quote you a price with and without a breakfast meal - don't expect any cooked food by the way. You can usually get the same stuff cheaper outside, if you know where to go that is.

Montreal
Level Contributor
749 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: One night lodging between BOD and Sarlat

Any Bordeaux hotel recommendations?

In terms of car rental, I would still need a car to get around after we leave the airport, right?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,372 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: One night lodging between BOD and Sarlat

"Any Bordeaux hotel recommendations?"

I use various hotels of the Accor chain. They have several around various areas of the city at different price levels. My stops are only for a night or two, near the station, and I find them perfectly ok. Take a look around www.accorhotels.com

"I would still need a car to get around after we leave the airport, right?"

Not if you stayed in the city for a day and night. A one day transit pass costs the equivalent of about $6 and includes the bus from the airport into the city. You can buy them from the ticket machine at the airport bus stop. More info at www.infotbc.com in English if required.

Many car rental agencies have offices at the city's main railway station, Bordeaux St Jean.

Edited: 15 March 2017, 19:20
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: One night lodging between BOD and Sarlat

Staying in Bordeaux is a good option. You'll save on a day's car rental, not have to drive after an overnight flight, and get to see Bordeaux a little. We've always stayed at Hotel des Voyageurs (http://hoteldesvoyageurs.net/). Simple, clean, and inexpensive.

5. Re: One night lodging between BOD and Sarlat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Dordogne