We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap
Save

Hello,

We are doing a day trip to Wicklow from Killenard. I would like to do the Wicklow Gap drive and the Sally Gap drive but I am not sure how to do that. From what I am reading, from our starting point, we should drive to Hollywood to start the Wicklow Gap drive but can we do that drive and pick up the Sally Gap drive somewhere? I've never been and to be honest I am also geographically challenged so I really need to map everything out. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
40,955 posts
1. Re: Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap
Save

Yup, the R756 to Laragh for lunch. Then the R115 to the R759 to Ballysmuttan Bridge.

The R755 and R763 are other great drives in the area.

Then dream of closed roads and an Audi Quattro.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap
Save

Thank you!

Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
125 reviews
60 helpful votes
3. Re: Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap
Save

Good morning!

I've been following posts on driving from Dublin through Sally Gap and Wicklow, Lough Tay to Tullow. May 10 we will be getting off a plane and driving this route, first stop in Lisnavagh where my husband planted a tree for me for our anniversary. We then have the rest of the day to get to Youghal to stay our first night. Would it be possible to share route information for a scenic drive from Dublin to Tullow and suggestions beyond on our way to Youghal I'd love to hear! @harveyireland would love to hear from you!

Reply to: Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wicklow
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.