We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike Roundwood to Glendalough (or reverse)- how difficult?

Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
16 helpful votes
Hike Roundwood to Glendalough (or reverse)- how difficult?
Save

Hello all,

Having to solely rely on very limited public transport from Dublin, I would only have 3h55mns between buses (St Kevin's bus). I can either get off at Roundwood and walk to Glendalough or get off at Glendalough and walk to Roundwood.

I have two questions:

1. How difficult is the hike? I read it's only 10-12kms but then also that it takes 4 hours, why so long?

2. Which way is nicer, R to G or G to R? Is one way easier (.e less uphill)?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

2 replies to this topic
Dublin
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Hike Roundwood to Glendalough (or reverse)- how difficult?
Save

Are you walking on the Road or off-road, if by the main road via Annamoe, Laragh hill wise it's more downhill from Roundwood to Glendalough it's only a slight grade on the road no more than 3%.

Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: Hike Roundwood to Glendalough (or reverse)- how difficult?
Save

Thank you muller_1, sorry for the late reply I never got notified of your post!

We will be following the Wicklow Way. After looking at transsport, we will definitely start in Roundwood and finish in Glendalough. I am still confused as to why it would take 4 hours though?

Edited: 2 years ago
Reply to: Hike Roundwood to Glendalough (or reverse)- how difficult?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wicklow
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.