We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving directions Kilkenny-Glendalough-Powerscourt-bray

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Driving directions Kilkenny-Glendalough-Powerscourt-bray
Save

So I feel like I’ve posted a lot and I’m making this too complicated but I can’t seem to get the end of our trip in june right. will be in Kilkenny 2 nights 13th-15th and then plan to leave early on the 15th and explore Glendalough monastic site, hike for a bit, head to Powerscourt and then stay in bray for the night before leaving early on the 16th to get to Dublin airport by 9 for our 12:30 departure back to California.

So driving directions. Am I making this too complicated? Do I just reverse everyone’s recommendations for Dublin to Kilkenny? Right now maps is showing m9 to r747 to n81 to r756 then 757. This right or should I cut over sooner and do n81 through tallow and baltinglass? Which is more scenic?

Thanks for your help!

Dublin
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Driving directions Kilkenny-Glendalough-Powerscourt-bray
Save

Best scenic route from Kilkenny to Glendalough would be, via Tullow, Hacketstown, Knockananna, Aughavannagh, Glenmalure. This will bring you over the Wicklow Mountains.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
10,898 posts
2. Re: Driving directions Kilkenny-Glendalough-Powerscourt-bray
Save

Assuming you have to return your rental car at Dublin Airport on Saturday 16th June, and, depending on which airline you are flying with from Dublin to US, your proposed arrival time at the airport may not be early enough.

You may want to build in a bit of extra wiggle room, for anything untoward between Bray and the airport and/or during the return process of your rental car.

Recent discussion on Delta Airlines requirement for being at Dublin Airport, four hours ahead of flight time:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k11511850-Delta_Minimum_Security_Check_in_Time_DUB_confused-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

3. Re: Driving directions Kilkenny-Glendalough-Powerscourt-bray

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2020, 05:40
Get answers to your questions about Wicklow
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.