We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europort arrival by ferry.

2 posts
Europort arrival by ferry.

I will arrive in Europort Rosslare at around 8 a.m. but there is no train to Dublin until almost 1 pm. Is there a place I can be to be warm or perhaps have a breakfast or coffee while I am waiting? Thanks in advance!

8 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
121,003 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
1. Re: Europort arrival by ferry.

According to the port website there is a cafe in the terminal which will be open until 0930.

I don't know how accurate that is. The last few times I've been through the cafe was closed.

2 posts
2. Re: Europort arrival by ferry.

If it's only open until 09:30 it won't work unfortunately, as I need somewhere to wait until around 12:30. I think I just found a Cafe within walking distance though. Hopefully something will be open! Thanks for reply though.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
16,676 posts
216 reviews
471 helpful votes
3. Re: Europort arrival by ferry.

Ann where are you coming from? Are you meant to be restricting your movements on arrival in Ireland?

If so maybe grab a takeaway sandwich or coffee from somewhere. You really shouldn’t be mingling with people in a coffee shop or restaurant.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
49,213 posts
4. Re: Europort arrival by ferry.

Rosslare Harbour has been neglected over many years.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
38,677 posts
154 reviews
165 helpful votes
5. Re: Europort arrival by ferry.

Only locations serving "substantial meals" will be allowed have people indoors. Even if the cafe was open, you would not be able to sit there for three hours

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Europort arrival by ferry.

if you are allowed to travel the Expressway coach would get you to Dublin before the train had left Rosslare. Not direct, change at Wexford.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
27,537 posts
31 reviews
19 helpful votes
7. Re: Europort arrival by ferry.

when is this going to happen?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
68 reviews
47 helpful votes
8. Re: Europort arrival by ferry.

I’m guessing this is a Saturday, as even with Eurosport’s poor train service, it’s the only day this timetable anomaly occurs.

I think Steve has given the best advice. Use the bus. There’s a 30 minute wait for a connection in Wexford, but that isn’t too bad. Also Wexford town is a better place to wait than the ferry port.

For the others, asking where the ferry is from, it’s not a UK ferry as they have the same timetable every day and it’s not an arrival time. The French and Spanish ferries seem to come and go with much less predictability. However, none of the UK, France or Spain are in a good place in relation to Covid at the moment. Passengers are supposed to avoid public transport on arrival at the moment.

Reply to: Europort arrival by ferry.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.