We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knocklofty House

los angeles
1 post
Save Topic
Knocklofty House

Can anyone tell me if the Knocklofty House in Clonmel is still open ? I stayed there 3 years ago over Christmas and had a wonderful time. I am planning to be married in Ireland and wanted to see about Knocklofty, but I can't seem to get a response. I also googled it and an article came up about Lisa Marie Presley looking into buying it! Help! Anyone have an update?

Sandi

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knocklofty House

greeneyes, according to www.tipp.ie/hotels/knocklofty/knocklof.htm the House is no longer available! Sorry!

Cork
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Knocklofty House

Hi Sandi, Yes Knocklofty House is still open. My boyfriend lives on the grounds of the hotel and it is alive and kicking...in an Irish rural way! And yes, Lisa Marie was spotted looking at it last week but I believe she is now looking at another castle instead!

Karen

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Knocklofty House

Dear Sandi,

I would not recommend Knocklofty for a wedding I stayed there over the Patricks Day weekend and had a very unpleasant experience in relation to health and safety. I was very disappointed as I stayed there 4 years ago and had a wonderful time. However since the change of owner recently it appears things have changed and not for the better! Best of luck with your wedding.

Chicago
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Knocklofty House

Hi there to all....

I too have heard many none too fantastic reports about knocklofty and as i am in the industry and friends have a wedding planned there i decided to pop down there for a weekend.... At the moment they are doing a bit of refurb work to some of the public areas and bedrooms....the place has an imense amount of charm....the welcome we recieved from Larry was as hospitable as one could recieve anywhere and that was without the hotel having any knowledge that we were on a snooping fact finding mission!! Knocklofty is indeed the kind of place where for a wedding you could feel so at home adn relaxed and all the party would have a great time......my fears were in realtion to staffing and delivery of the meal experience or service......we had dinner..it was first rate and credit where due to the chef.. for a wedding its a long haul to the function room so i still have worries in regards to speed and temp but im sure they have something figured out....lets face it.houses like this were not built as hotels......again for a wedding according to the bride to be, the hotel will do all they can and allow you to do all you wish to make the day as you wish..this goes a long way!! As i said.....all i had heard about here were horror stories but if you are of a laid back disposition this place has the potential to rock and make it an intimate event to remember........

5. Re: Knocklofty House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 07:17