We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

Michigan
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

We would like to stay in a small town and travel from there during the day. We love to visit the pubs and hear the irish music. Would Tullamore be a good place for about 20 people to stay? Are there any 4 or 5 star hotels in Tullamore? I will research this also but your help is much appreciated.

The Blue Apron Restaurant
€€ - €€€, Irish, International, European
Captain House Restaurant
€€ - €€€, French, Seafood, European
Shishir - Thai & Indian Cuisine
€€ - €€€, Indian, Thai, Balti
17 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

This question was posted in 2011, it is now 2014. I know Tullamore very well, the monester doesn't exist. Well done to bhoyGreenock for resurrecting a dead thread and giving advertising to the aforementioned establishments.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

And, zero points to me for not noticing the date of the Original Post. Sorry about that.

Curiously enough, I specifically responded because I noticed the OP was from Michigan. The mind is a wonderful thing - in its selectivity!

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,760 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

When I visited they had a festival thing on....that was September.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

i am also looking at booking in Tullamore for one night (my last before heading back to Australia after three months travelling). We are women travelling who are in our late 40's and will be driving from Galway to fly out of Dublin. We are going to want to have a big last night with great music in a fun pub. Any suggestion of where to go/what to do? Should we head back to Dublin for our last night, and if so what is a great live music venue please?? The date will be Thursday 2 Sept 2014

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Whitefish Bay, Wi
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

Are there any long term stay options? Looking for lodging for 1 person for 5weeks

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,348 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

In Tullamore?

When?

Self Catering or B&B?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?

Just back from Tullamore and found it to be a very good experence. The epicentre for me was The Bridge Hotel in the centre of town where I had a very pleasurable stay. Aside from the accommodation the hotel provides a disco, restaurants carvery and a bar with all sport on tv. music every night including traditional Irish music. It has a good leisure centre and spa. There is a cinema right across the street. My surprise was the amount of young people who frequented the town for their entertainment. on the weekend

There are plenty of pubs in the town and many have live entertainment but being a bit older I like my pint of Guinness and fould Spollen's pub to suit my requirements just fine. Other than that You have Tullamore DEW Visitor Centre in the town. The tour is interesting and the sampling of the whiskeys is rewarding and refreshing. Bookmaker Shops for betting on horses and dogs are well represented. The Grand Canal flows though the town for nice walks and cycling. It is a good point to base for car travel as there are plenty of sites not far away Birr with "the great telescope" Clonmacnoise , Golf courses nearby any many more. It is not a fair comparison to compare a town of 14000 population against Kilkenny or Cork as they are considered cities and much bigger populations. I found the people of Tullamore to be friendly and talkative and I felt safe and enjoyed my stay immensely.

Mentioned in this post
Tullamore Dew
Tullamore Dew
666 Reviews
Tullamore, Ireland
Clonmacnoise
Clonmacnoise
836 Reviews
County Offaly, Ireland
Kilkenny
Kilkenny
County Kilkenny, Ireland
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Reply to: How big a town is Tullamore? How many pub? Irish Music?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tullamore