We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Notre Dame v Navy?

Lathrup Village...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Notre Dame v Navy?

Hello all,

Going to be in Westport for the Notre Dame v Navy game on August 26th. Any chance there’s a sports bar with NBC/Peacock that would have the game on?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
County Monaghan...
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
457 reviews
205 helpful votes
1. Re: Notre Dame v Navy?

You won’t get NBC / Peacock but the game is on Sky Sports. Sky sports show all ND games and they take the feed from NBC.

However, it is highly unlikely that any pubs will be showing the game. On Saturday evening Ireland are playing in the Rugby and there will be a premiership soccer match on. You can still ask in some of the pubs and see what they say….

Edited: 25 August 2023, 09:33
Lathrup Village...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Notre Dame v Navy?

Thank you very much for your reply Paul. I guess I’ll just have to take my chances, and maybe beg a little bit, lol

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
3. Re: Notre Dame v Navy?

Both games start at basically the same time. An 80 minute Rugby match moves much faster than a 60 minute American Football match, so there is a good chance that it will be early in the 2nd half of the Notre Dame game when Ireland/Samoa is done. Football is listed as starting at 7:30 Ireland time, but that usually means coverage. Kickoff might not be until 7:45 or closer to 8:00 by the time they get through bands, anthems, etc. Rugby starts at 7:45 which means the ball is put in play at exactly 7:45.

I would find the pub with the most TVs and see if you can find a quiet corner that maybe they could put on for you, or at least switch over after Rugby is done. Ask around and someone local can tell you what pub would be your best bet.

You also may be able to stream on your phone. I know that when I used the Verizon Travel Pass it behaved as if they connected me to a US server by VPN. My IP address would appear in Chicago even though I was in Ireland. That may enable Peacock to be streamed without need for a VPN.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
49,213 posts
4. Re: Notre Dame v Navy?

Your hotel room might be best.

Reply to: Notre Dame v Navy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Westport
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.