We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

Warsaw, Poland
4 posts
1 review
How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

I need a piece of advice. What's the best way to get to Tralee (32 Pairc Na Dun, Caherslee) from Shannon airport?

I'll arrive on 9th of July at about 10:30 p.m.

My departure is on 16th of July at 3 p.m.

I'm looking forward hearing soon.

9 replies to this topic
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

You could get a bus in to Limerick from Shannon and change there for a bus to Tralee.

www.buseireann.ie

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
83 reviews
2. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

But not at that late hour. Perhaps plan on spending the night at an airport hotel. The https://www.parkinn.ie/airporthotel-shannon usually have decent rates. You could begin the journey with a bus into Limerick city and spend the night there and then on again to Tralee the next morning but that would require two bus tickets and a higher price so it would be easier to just stay at the airport and begin your journey early the next morning.

Warsaw, Poland
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

Thanks a lot!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,239 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

343 bus from Shannon to Limerick @ 10.25 is too early the next is 11.25 gets to Limerick @ 1/4 past midnight. but then you are stuck until the morning. Taxi to Tralee is €180 according to the airport website.

Warsaw, Poland
4 posts
1 review
5. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

I have to consider it anyway...

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,239 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

Getting the bus to Limerick and a cab (Hackney) from there might be an option if its essential. I don't know any Hackney services in Tralee but a quick search gives www.traleeradiotaxis.com/book_a_taxi.htm might be worth asking them for a price?

7. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 April 2017, 19:05

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,985 posts
88 reviews
8. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

Dublin Coach have a service that goes from Tralee from Limerick and vice versa. And they run late. You could take a cab to Limerick and take the bus from there - the best bus for you would be the one that leaves Limerick at 2am and arrives in Tralee at 3.40am.

Alternatively you could get one to Killarney at 12 Midnight, get off in Killarney town at 1.35 and take a taxi from there. If they could drop you in Castleisland or Kerry International Airport, it would be even better. And take a taxi from there.

This is their timetable.

dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/…timetable

Warsaw, Poland
4 posts
1 review
9. Re: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?

You are right. I'll ask them.

Reply to: How to get to Tralee from Shannon airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tralee
Recent Conversations