We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

western union help

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
western union help

I am hoping maybe an expert on here can help when no one at Western Union so far has been able to... my son is in Killarney with his community college. He says he needs more money wired to him which I can do. But he was directed by hotel to what he is calling a travel center in town who said they can receive a transfer via western union- he says it was on a side street and was right across from the Scotts Hotel. I told him he needs to get me better info as I cannot find anyone at Western Union who 1) knew Ireland was a country (pretty scary eh?) or 2) that can help me with out information from him- they say they have nothing in Killarney. I have also emailed hotel to see if they might be able to guide me…but I am feeling pretty frustrated and lost at this point. Does anyone on here have any info that may help me? He does not have transportation or I could send him to one of the other western union locations that do show up on their website…thanks for any help!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: western union help

I'm not that familiar with Killarney - but the Post Office would be able to do a Western Union Transaction. It's on New St - see details below.

http://www.killarney.ie/gov_post.php

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: western union help

Thank you I will try this...

Kerry
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: western union help

From their website

www.westernunion.ie/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do…

To find a nearby Agent location in Ireland call 1800 395 395.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: western union help

Thanks I have the WU website and have tried to speak with them as well as do online chat...it was not a very successful endeavor kind of scary actually. They say they have nothing in Killarney but Torc Travel has told my son they accept WU wires...but WU says they are not on list and neither is post office but it lists them as well??? Hotel sent me the same and number but it was too late to call Torc by then will try tomorrow. Right now no way to get money to him...boy has this been frustrating!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,243 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: western union help

An Post the Irish postal service provides Western Union services in post offices nationwide. I have used it often. The response you are getting is bizarre.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: western union help

Thank you both for information and for verifying the response is bizarre...I have never experienced anything like this...feel like I have dropped off earth!! LOL except it is not funny! WU has been 1) impossible to communicate with and 2) there info makes no sense...pretty unimpressive. I will try to figure this out with your info tomorrow!

Kerry
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: western union help

from the An Post website

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/At+Your+Local+Post+Office/Wizards/Money+matters/money_transfer.htm

western union is available at any computerised post office

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: western union help

http://www.moneytransfer.ie/ Above is the Western Union Website for Ireland and it does list Torc Travel in Killarney. Not sure if that will help?

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: western union help

It does- and I ended up calling Torc this morning and they were so helpful...for future reference they are authorized and I will be letting WU know of their issues! I got the money to him today! Thank you..

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,243 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: western union help

Great news! He can buy us all a drink now that he is in funds!