We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

We will be staying a short time in Killarney, what is the cheapest taxi fare? We know about the busses but was wondering about a cab ride.

Thanks!

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

Not sure how up to date this is, but quotes for cost of taxi from Shannon Airport to various locations are provided:

www.toandfromtheairport.com/shannon.html

shannonairportcab.com/Destination_Fares_List…

http://www.shannonairportcab.com/

I'm sure there must be hackney services you could check out as well.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

Thank you. It seems the fares are all pretty much between 180 - 200 euros. Sorry for my ignorance but what are hackney services.

Thanks!

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

Hackneys are different from taxis in that you agree an overall price for the journey ahead of time versus a taxi being on a meter. In addition, unlike with a taxi, it is not possible to hail a hackney in the street.

For a long trip such as you are considering - Shannon Airport to Killarney - a hackney would make more sense and be cheaper. Even better if there are a number of you sharing the costs.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

This is the only one I can see in the Golden Pages:

goldenpages.ie/Hackney_Cars/Shannon_Hackney_…

However, over the next few days, others will likely come up with further examples from firsthand experience.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,723 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

Treaty Hackney Cabs are the ones I use... I find them good.

Their number is 00 353 61 415566 But they might not travel from Limerick to Killarney for a fare. You'd need to ring them.

Hackneys cannot ply for hire in the street. You must ring them directly or call to their offices.

These are the contacts for two hackney companies in Killarney. Also worth considering contacting

http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Hackney+Cars_Killarney-1.html

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

There is an airport Taxi counter in the arrivals hall in shannon and they usually give you a good rate on long trips similar to hackneys alternatively you can contact some of the Limerick based hackneys before you travel and they will pick you up at the airport if you book in advance.

There is a good bus service from Shannon Airport to Limerick where you could connect to a bus to Killarney for a fraction of the cost.

www.buseireann.ie

You can book in advance on the shannon airport cabs website and the fare is €175

www.shannonairportcabs.com

8. Re: taxi fare to killarney from shannon airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 06:16