We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treyvaud's

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Treyvaud's

Looking for somewhere to have a nice meal on my birthday next month in Killarney,Treyvaud's looks interesting,certainly a nice looking menu,anybody got any experience of this place please?

Mentioned in this post
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
Treyvaud's
Treyvaud's
678 Reviews
Killarney, Ireland
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treyvaud's

Snaefell. I haven't heard of it but can i suggest chapter 40 to you?? Read my review. I absolutely adored the place. I think one of the best restaurants I visited in Ireland in 2010. It is perfect for a special occasion. If you like nouvelle cuisine - book it.

Chapter is right in the centre of Killarney town. I hope it is still trading, it certainly was last october.

tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g186612-d1087…

Edited: 13 February 2011, 17:03
Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treyvaud's

Treyvaud's is a good restaurant, has an interesting menu, and is good value. Another we liked a lot was Stonechat, which is close to Treyvaud's.

Mentioned in this post
Treyvaud's
Treyvaud's
678 Reviews
Killarney, Ireland
Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treyvaud's

Many thanks for your help guys,Bryno I did look at the Chapter 40 website,looks very good but have decided to go with Treyvaud's,my Wife has pretty much set her heart on trying the Ostrich steak so only lousy reports would put us off I guess,cheers folks!

Mentioned in this post
Treyvaud's
Treyvaud's
678 Reviews
Killarney, Ireland
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treyvaud's

Of course. Looking forward to the review.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Treyvaud's

Snaefell

If your wife likes Beef Fillet Steak, she will enjoy the ostrich. I had it in South Africa in Oudtshoorn a few years ago and it was georgous. Melt in the mouth kind-of stuff. Not much difference between it and a good beef fillet.

Add me to the list looking forward to the review too and Happy Birthday to herself :-)

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Treyvaud's

I haèn't been but the local reports are good.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Treyvaud's

Sounding even better,thanks guys,still seems a long way off yet,we are very much looking forward to it as we both love Killarney,cheers folks!

Mentioned in this post
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
8. Re: Treyvaud's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2012, 05:41