We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerry, Im on my way

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Kerry, Im on my way

Its been a life long dream to go to Ireland, and Now I find my family originated In Ardfert, I want to thank the 2 Gentlemen of this forum who helped me with information re the trip and to say I have taken your advice... Flying in on August 31st , staying in Killarney with hire car until the 6th September. so with the vast distances we travel here in Australia, I expect to see a lot of the countryside.

Just have to be patient now till August rolls around

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1. Re: Kerry, Im on my way

Ohhhh I forgot, can someone tell me what the weather is like there in early September.. re clothing, and what time it starts to get dark.... will help with planning... Many thanks

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
1 review
2. Re: Kerry, Im on my way

Sunrise will be about 6.45 am and sunset around 10pm, so still nice long days. Generally the weather in early September is very pleasant, but we cannot guarantee there will be no rain/storms/anything else. It would not be particularly cold though - a sweater in evenings, and sometimes during the day, and a light waterproof would be ok.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,201 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Kerry, Im on my way

Weather wise, think of an early winter in Tweed Heads, with a good chance of rain! Ardfert is about 22 miles from Killarney so you are not too far away from your origins. Having lived in Australia I am always reluctant to say roots! :) I'm llooking forward to sharing info with you over the coming months.

Ireland
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
127 reviews
4. Re: Kerry, Im on my way

Australian roads somewhat different to North Kerry!!!What are your interests?

Kerry
Level Contributor
621 posts
5. Re: Kerry, Im on my way

Glad to have you on board ....!!

Spiceloft and I will do our best for you ..and hopefully we can all meet up ..

Ardfert is approx 40 min drive from Killarney and the road is relatively 'straight'..

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
160 reviews
6. Re: Kerry, Im on my way

Sunset in early September is at 9.15pm and temperature is in the range 11 to 17 degrees

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7. Re: Kerry, Im on my way

Hiii all who replied and in particular to Spiceloft and Kerry, Gidday again.

Great to hear I have good long days for my visit, not sure about the temp though, sheeesh just might freeze my butt off, though I did find temps that side of the world feel vastly different from here. At the moment we are cooking here in 88f heat with humidity through the roof.

Kerry & Spiceloft we'll be staying at the Neptune in Killarney so yep I own you both a beer. Couldnt get booking at Listowel.

Spice ya buggar no dont use that word to me,,,,, hahahahahah I know exactly what you mean.

Harvey... Youd be surprised at some of the roads we have to drive in this country lol, from goat tracks to freeways and at least you drive on the normal side, Corners and narrow I can do. Ill just put a sign on the car "Aussie at wheel" and you can all get outa my way.

As to my Interest, everything and anything... Not much of a shop person, much rather seeing the countryside, experiencing life in Ireland, just being there is enough for me. Im an artist so trusty camera will be recording to convert to canvas when I get home.

To you all MANY THANKS

8. Re: Kerry, Im on my way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Killarney