We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford
Level Contributor
280 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
places to eat

Hi im visiting killarney next weekend & was wondering could any one recomend a nice restaurant that serves nice food not to expensive for an evening meal for 4 adults & 2 kids thanks

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to eat

Hi,

killarney is full of restaurants and bars with some great choices. Cheaper options would include Macs restaurant on Main Street. this is a great place to go with kids as their is plenty of room for them, good selection of kids meals and they make wonderful homemade icecream. Kids meals are only €5 and most main courses are only around €10-€12. They are also fully licensed so while the kidds enjoy a smoothie the adults can have a drink or 2!!

hope this is some help to you and enjoy your time in Killarney

Ciara Roche

Woodlawn House

Killarney

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,268 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to eat

We love Macs on Main Street. We've been going there for quite a long time and have NEVER got a bad meal there.

The staff are wonderful, the food is good and reasonably priced. And the ice creams are incredible.

Further down the street is Salvadors. This can be a bit hit and miss but is good for pizzas. We've had some good meals here and some less so.

Milanos also have a place on Main Street www.milanos.ie Good for pizzas etc.

Just a few suggestions.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to eat

Love Milano's.

Macs great if on a budget.

Paddy's though a more formal restaurant are very welcoming for kids and will accommodate for their taste buds menupages.ie/kerry/…menu.aspx

But my advice would be to fill up on a big lunch at any one of the numerous cafes around town and then take it easy for dinner. Jam's would be my favorite such cafe. It is just up a lane from the town center. I am always amazed at how fresh their food is.

Mahtomedi
Level Contributor
135 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to eat

Murphy's Pub was really good. The Irish Stew the best I had in 3 weeks in Ireland.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to eat

I would suggest Squires, which is the same food as Murphy's as they are part of the same establishment. It is more intimate than Murphy's, but still family friendly.

Edited: 05 September 2010, 05:32
Waterford
Level Contributor
280 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to eat

Thanks for all the replies i might go with Mac"s it sounds like just what i was looking for.

7. Re: places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 05:17