We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sporting Events

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
1 post
Save Topic
Sporting Events

Does anyone know of any sporting events in Galway from July 10th-15th. We'll be in Galway and I'm really looking forward to catching a match. Thanks!

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sporting Events

For GAA (Irish Football - not soccer) check out …sitesuite.cn/page/this_weeks_fixtures.html closer to your time. The Connacht Senior Football Championship Final is due to be played on the 13th but no listings as of yet.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sporting Events

Hey Steeler08 - Have a wonderful time in Galway. Being from Pittsburgh myself, I understand your passion for sports, but Galway is so fabulous you won't have time to miss seeing a sporting event. Wish I was going back - have a great time!

Galway, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sporting Events

eircom League

Galway United

v

Sligo Rovers

Terryland Park

Date: 11 July, 7.45pm

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sporting Events

There are no GAA matches in Galway but there are some not too far away.

The Munster Hurling Final is on in Limerick on Sunday 13th between Clare and Tipperary and the Connacht Gaelic Football final is on in Castlebar on the same day between Galway and Mayo.

I would personally recommend watching the hurling match over the football. Tickets are available on www.ticketmaster.ie , just type gaa into the search box, then click GAA events. The hurling game is nearly sold out so get on there quick!

5. Re: Sporting Events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 23:15