We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

galway sushi?

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
159 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
galway sushi?

can anyone recommend a good high quality sushi restaurant in galway? doesn't have to be expensive... like nobu, but, just fresh and tasty.... thanks....

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: galway sushi?

Sorry reneraven - There is no Sushi restaurant in Galway (unfortunaly).

You can sometimes find sushi in the weekend markets on market street and sometimes Marks&Spencer (supermarket) have prepackaged sushi, but sushi in Galway is very hard to find!.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: galway sushi?

the galway market does sushi every saturday mornings.

also try the old malte restaurant,, and maybe vina mara - they are not exclusively sushi restaurants, but they do include it in some form or other.

Limerick
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: galway sushi?

not sure about galway, but a girl i know is opening one in limerick in about a month, She gave me some tasters delish (first time trying sushi) - hopefully it will be open soon - called umai sushi and they have a web page - www.umaisushi.ie - have a look..

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: galway sushi?

you can get sushi in two Japanese restaurants in Galway

Kappa Ya on Middle street and a recently opened small japaneses cafe adjacent to sheridans on the docks

County Galway...
Level Contributor
91 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: galway sushi?

Thank you for this.

I visit Galway City regularly and did not realise that there was a sushi restaurant there.

Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: galway sushi?

Kappa Ya on Middle Street is the only place i know that serves Japanese food and sushi. They are the same couple who sell it in the Galway market on Saturday's. You just have to check their opening times as i think they are a bit varied. Their food is excellent so i would highly recommend Kappa-ya.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: galway sushi?

(my apologies in advance to lovers of all things Irish ... we consider ourselves in this club, ... well, nearly all things)

Irish sushi is hard to find, but quite good so long as you like it served "medium well".

8. Re: galway sushi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 03:23
Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations