We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in the Galway region

Lima, Peru
7 posts
1 review
2 nights in the Galway region

Hello, in a couple of weeks me and my wife will be visitng Ireland for 4 nights. We will spend the first 2 nights in Dublin. For the other 2 we have rented a car and are planning to do the scenic drives around Galway. Should we sleep both nights in Galway or should we do 1 night in Galway and the other one in a different town? We enjoy a lot the small town vibe. Looking forward to your recommendations!

8 replies to this topic
Ventura, California
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: 2 nights in the Galway region

For such a short time I wouldn't waste my time packing/unpacking and checking in/out. Galway although a city is very walkable and enjoyable with plenty of restaurants and nightlife to keep any one busy. Where/when are you flying out of because that may need you using that second night to get closer to the airport? Dublin airport is 3hrs from Galway plus time to fuel & return car, and check in.

Lima, Peru
7 posts
1 review
2. Re: 2 nights in the Galway region

Thanks for your reply. We depart from Dublin airport on a late flight. 9.20 PM.

roma
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: 2 nights in the Galway region

Hi, We are going to do the same trip at the end of May.

Have you already decided where you will go during your days in Galway region?

I am in doubt between Connemara and Cliffs of Moher. Any suggestions?

boston, ma
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: 2 nights in the Galway region

To choose between the Cliffs of Moher and Connemara is a personal preference. You could include other sites such as the Burren, Ailwee Caves, and Dunguaire Castle in your day trip to the Cliffs. For me personally I would choose Connemara and its majestic beauty.

Lima, Peru
7 posts
1 review
5. Re: 2 nights in the Galway region

Hello, we just returned from the trip. We rented a car in Dublin and drove to Galway. Definitely its the best way for me as it gives you a lot more freedom. We really enjoyed Connemara regon with all the landscape and scenery. You should try doing a hike there. There are several options in terms of time, difficulty and also in places. Actually If i had known better i would have only spent 1 night in Galway and the other one in a B&B closer to Connemara. There are lots of options all over. In small towns and also along the road. Again this depends on your availability to move from one place to another and on the time you have. Galway is not worth more than one night, at least ofr us that we prefer more nature , open spaces and really-small-town vibe.

The area around Cliffs of Moher has Dunguaire Castle (not worth it) the burren (which you can see from the Road) and the cliffs. The cliffs were supposed to be the highlight but when we arrived there was a very heavy fog around it so there was absolutely no view. We didnt even went in (you have to pay as well). With that being said, I believe the cliffs are worth the trip over there but you dont need to stop in the other places.

In Galway have pizza at Dough Bros pizza. Really good!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
6. Re: 2 nights in the Galway region

We are doing the exact same trip. And was happy to read your post. I was going to spend 2 nights in galway but after reading your post I think will split between Galay and Connemra. Have a question. How to find Bed and Breakfast in Connemera? I am not finding any good websites. Thanks for your help.

Lima, Peru
7 posts
1 review
7. Re: 2 nights in the Galway region

Glad it was of help. In www.goconnemara.com there are several options. Letterfrack is a small town outside the visitor center of the park. Inagh valley is nice too, there are b&bs scattered around. We did our hike on Killary Fjord. Just outside the small town of Leenaun. There should be options there as well. As there are several all over the pace and in kind of remote locations it seemed that you could just arrive and they would have rooms... if you look for B&Bs in the area in google maps you will see several options but probably they won’t have a formal web page but you can check the reviews.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
8. Re: 2 nights in the Galway region

Awesome I will take a look at the ones you mentioned.

Reply to: 2 nights in the Galway region
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations