We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I cover Inishmore and Cliffs of Moher in one single day?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
321 posts
41 reviews
Can I cover Inishmore and Cliffs of Moher in one single day?

I'm struggling to either find any day tour which cover Aran Island (only Inishmore) and Cliffs of Moher (with at least 2 to 3 hours stop). Most of them are covering Cliffs of Moher and The Burren.

I'm completely comfortable in travelling on my own via public transport and start off early to visit these two places and return back to Galway by evening. Can someone please help to suggest how do I go about it?

Galway - Rossaveal - Inis Mór - Doolin - Cliffs of Moher - Galway

The concern with the above plan is that the first ferry from Rossaveal leaves only at 10:30 hrs, and after reach there the island I believe an average traveller would need 3 hours on the island itself. Thus, I will be done only by 14:30 hrs. However, there is a ferry only at 16:00 hrs from Innismore to Doolin. This will not leave me sufficient time to visit Cliffs of Moher on a week day i.e. 15th of May.

Can someone help to modify this plan and offer alternatives to cover both of them in a same day with ample time at both sites.

12 replies to this topic
DHG
Boston
Level Contributor
566 posts
137 reviews
11. Re: Can I cover Inishmore and Cliffs of Moher in one single day?

I agree....thank you Anil K for giving us such a detailed report of how everything went. I am so happy that the information helped and that you got to meet Michae! It sounds like you made the most out of your two days.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
321 posts
41 reviews
12. Re: Can I cover Inishmore and Cliffs of Moher in one single day?

Yes, we made the most it. Thank you DHG for helping me and others with great suggestions!

Reply to: Can I cover Inishmore and Cliffs of Moher in one single day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations