We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
280 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

Will be arriving by train at Hueston. How much time should I allow to catch a train at Connolly? Does booking a train at Connolly an hour after arriving at Hueston work?

Thanks.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

I think an hour will give you plenty of time to get from Heuston to Connolly and you will even have time for a coffee:-)

The LUAS(tram) stops right outside Heuston and if you take the one for Connolly rather than the one for The Point, it will drop you right outside the station.

If you are booking your train ticket online, if you select Connolly rather than Heuston as your final destination, your train ticket will include the LUAS and save you some time queuing up to buy it outside Heuston.

www.irishrail.ie

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

If you have limited time, take the first inbound tram from Heuston, whether its for Connolly or The Point. If its destination is The Point, get off at Busáras tram stop and walk the short distance around the corner to Connolly.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

As blawcleea says, the Busaras stop is literally around the corner. I sometimes jump off a Connolly LUAS at Busaras and walk across. It is faster than waiting for the Luas to negotiate the corner and switches on the track - and the pause it has to make before going into the deadend platform.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

I live near Connolly and I leave my house 30 minutes before my train departs from Heuston and always arrive on time so you'll be grand with an hour!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

If you have limited time, take the first inbound tram from Heuston, whether its for Connolly or The Point. If its destination is The Point, get off at Busáras tram stop and walk the short distance around the corner to Connolly.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

It's about 45 minutes walk, so an hour is plenty of time.

Can you book a through ticket rather than two separate ones? That would include the cost of the LUAS (and take away the ticket buying delays). I know this doesn't work if your final destination is Belfast, but it does seem to work for Dundalk.

7. Re: Time between train at Hueston to train at Connolly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:19