We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tattoos in Dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tattoos in Dublin

My friend and I will be in Dublin for 2 days in October as we travel around Ireland. We would like to get tattoos while we are there. The last information I see on Trip Advisor was in 2009. Can anyone help us in determining where to go and if we need appointments. We have a short window of time to get them done. We both have several already so we know the process. Thanks for any help you can give us!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tattoos in Dublin

Hi Mimi,

If you're in around Temple Bar,at the back of the Central bank on Dame street,there are a few shops in that area.

One I know of is Zulu,run by a South African guy.Don't know for certain though if it is still there.

Sparky.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
23,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tattoos in Dublin

Please don't.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tattoos in Dublin

Please don't .... get a tattoo or go to Zulu?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tattoos in Dublin

Thanks Sparky. I will check that out on Google and see if there is any info on it. If you think of anything else, let me know.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
24,037 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tattoos in Dublin

Ask here www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php… You are more likely to get answers. A significant concern about getting a tattoo while on holidays is that if you have problems they will be difficult to remedy. My elder daughter has a small tattoo (she got a lot of information on boards) and she did have some problems later, despite going to a very reputable tattooist.

TA is really a travel site and as you can gather a number of posters here, myself included, are not fans of tattoos.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tattoos in Dublin

My sister has gone to Wildcat http://www.wildcat.ie/page.html?id=4 and Snakebite http://www.snakebite.ie/ and has had no problems in either. As mentioned earlier, boards.ie is the place to ask for recommendations.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tattoos in Dublin

There are lots of reputable tattoo shops in Dublin including the one's mentioned above.

But really my advice would be to pick an artist and not a shop.

If you check the boards thread Bean posted above you will get more specific advice, and can check portfolios from specific artists and see if you can find a match to what you want done.

8. Re: Tattoos in Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:17