We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in the last week of April?

Pa
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in the last week of April?

What should I expect the weather to be in the last week of april?

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in the last week of April?

It is has been anything like the start of April- very changeable!!

I hope it will be much milder than the weather currently. I suggest at the very least a good weather-proof jacket- and long trousers... and trainers/tennis shoes rather than sandals.

hope this helps.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in the last week of April?

We have just returned from Dublin yesterday. It was FREEZING!! At night, it was that cold we could see our breath! It was very sunny and clear, but extremely cold. Take warm clothing or you will regret it.

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in the last week of April?

I was in Ireland a year ago at the end of April/May and it rained the first nine days I was there,not always for a long period of time, nor for too long a time but it did rain. A waterproof jacket is a must,preferably one with a hood. Also the wind usually blows,at least along the coast.Temperatures were from 50-60f(10-15C). Many times the rain is no more than a mist and not really bothersome.

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in the last week of April?

We got back 2 days ago, beautiful sunshine most of the time but that wind was freeeeeezing!!!!

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,728 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in the last week of April?

pa05, it is just absolutely impossible to predict what the weather is going to be like at the end of April. Yes, we have had an unseasonably cold snap but at least it was sunny and cold rather than rainy, mild and miserable. After all, this is not the Côte d'Azur nor is it the North Pole. The weather at the end of April could be quite mild but rainy, it could be cold and sunny, it could be mild and showers, it could be cold and snowy.. you take your pick. Just bring a good rain jacket and an umbrella, you'll be fine. Nobody comes to Ireland for the weather.

Chicago IL
Level Contributor
256 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in the last week of April?

Was in Ireland the last week in March. It rained 10 straight days! That said, we had a great time and the country was still beautiful. Just be sure to have a raincoat (not just an umbrella.)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in the last week of April?

You could get snow in august and sunshine at christmas.That is the beauty of Irish weather. We can get the 4 seasons in one day,so be prepared for all eventualities,wear layers

Dublin
Level Contributor
278 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in the last week of April?

Just been for a walk in shorts and tshirt and between today and yesterday I'm a little pink!! Weather is gorgeous at the min, (for here), but could all change!