We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice Sold Out

AAS
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
404 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
First Choice Sold Out

I was set to book the Westin for 2 nights but by the time I got around to booking it today it was sold out. Any suggestions for something the same caliber near by? thanks!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,382 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice Sold Out

Have you emailed the hotel directly? We had that problem when booking the Grand in Malahide for our Sept visit but a quick email and they had 2 rooms for us. They happened to show the online reservation system as being sold out when capacity of open rooms gets really low.

We stayed at the Westin and loved it...maybe the Shelbourne?

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice Sold Out

I stayed at the Westbury a few weeks ago, and can recommend it:

doylecollection.com/locations/dublin_hotels/…

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice Sold Out

Another vote for the Westbury. And it's better located than the Westin.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Choice Sold Out

The Westbury and Shelbourne are great alternatives, but if your heart is set on the Westin, I would definitely contact the hotel directly.

I think most of the hotels hold back a few rooms that are not available for online booking.

AAS
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
404 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Choice Sold Out

Technically the Westin is not sold out there are suites available but too rich for my expense account.

The Westbury looks very nice. I also noticed the Dylan for a reply to another question. They look like they are near each other - would you prefer one over the other?

As a side note what is going on the weekend of June 15?

6. Re: First Choice Sold Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 April 2012, 22:30
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Choice Sold Out

The Dylan is in the suburb of Ballsbridge/Baggott Street. About a 20 to 30 minute walk to the city centre. Nice enough location. I stayed there one night and I wasn't hugely impressed.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Choice Sold Out

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin

You might be interested in this deal over the weekend that you are here.

9. Re: First Choice Sold Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:15