We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the safest parts of the city to stay in?

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
337 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
What are the safest parts of the city to stay in?

We are planning on staying out at night and would like to be able to walk to our hotel from the city centre and temple district. Or maybe I should be asking what areas to stay away from. Any suggestions are helpful.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the safest parts of the city to stay in?

I've been to Dubin twice and never felt unsafe anywhere. I stayed in the lower Camden area both times and it was very easy to get around.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the safest parts of the city to stay in?

There is a large range of hotels in and around the city centre which is generally safe, subject to the usual caveats of being street-smart etc. As a rough guide, I'd look at hotels in Dublin 2 or Dublin 4 - postal districts for the south city centre and neighbouring inner suburbs.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,756 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the safest parts of the city to stay in?

These might help also:

dublintourist.com/maps/dublin_postal_codes.s…

http://www.guidetodublin.com/map.shtml

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the safest parts of the city to stay in?

By and large, Dublin is a fairly safe city for staying in. Like every city, there are some hotels, that are in a safe area, but if you want to walk back to them, you may have to go through a small area, that you might not feel comfortable in, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's unsafe.

I would go on Domhall's advice - look for a hotel in the Dublin 2 and Dublin 4 areas, and you will have no worries. There are quite a few hotels, varying budgets, within a 15/20 minute walk of city centre/Temple Bar area

5. Re: What are the safest parts of the city to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:41