We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

Im trying to decide between two tour operators. They seem to do the same trip but one is more costly than the other and I cant figure out why.

Which is the better of the two? I have tried to look on TA for reviews of them, www.railtoursireland.com has plenty of good reviews but cant find any of www.cliffsofmohertours.ie?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

Hi Rhonda,

Just wondering where your tour wil be originating as there may be other options available to you as well.

Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

Its originating in Dublin. I appreciate the assistance!

3. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 February 2012, 17:05
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

That will be because www.cliffsofmohertours.ie didn't operate before the M6 opened. Even with the M6 its getting on for 3 hours each way to the cliffs. Is it worth it? to be honest as a day from Dublin...No.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

Will you not have a car? If you have a car I would just drive. If not I have done railroads and they were okay.

Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

Hi Atexaninireland

No car...we're ok with taking the long ride on the bus/rail. Im just trying to figure out why one is so much less expensive than the other. one is 109.00 and the other is 45.00. ive perused their sites and cant figure it out. was hoing someone here n\knew and could advise. i appreciate your help.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

Sounds about right, Railtours are not the cheapest operator to go with. Having said that their tours include either Bunratty Castle or Aillwee Caves.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,897 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

My fear of doing this type of thing is to pay money, get up early to go all the way across the country...and arrive to find the cliffs socked in with fog.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,761 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

In all honesty, I would forget about The Cliffs of Moher for this trip. As has been suggested on your other post, consider the coastal areas of Co Dublin and adjacent parts of Co Wicklow, accessible by public transport.

For example, you could do a half day somewhere on the north coast of the county; and , another half day, on the south coast, using the DART.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186604-i89-k46168…

If you are bound and determined to go outside Dublin by train again, why not look at Kilkenny? Or, hop on the train to Wexford and enjoy the view.

http://www.irishrail.ie/

O'Fallon, Illinois
Level Contributor
101 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cliffs of Moher---Which Tour Operator?

I'm taking the 325irollin Tour this weekend :P