We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conrad or Fitzwilliam???

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Conrad or Fitzwilliam???

HI, we are planning a 2 night stay for our wedding anniversary and we are stuck for choice between these two hotels! Hoping someone can advise which is best to stay at!

Love the design of the Fitzwilliam but the best rate does not inc breakfast whereas the Conrad is cheaper and includes it so it would appear it is better value for money.

Have checked their locations on a map and although both say St Stephens Green it looks like the Fitzwilliam is a lot more central? We want to be walking distance for shopping eating out etc

Thanks!

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conrad or Fitzwilliam???

On the basis of location, I'd opt for the Fitzwilliam as it is a bit closer to the action, as you correctly note. On average, the Conrad is about 5-10 minutes walk further away from most bars, restaurants etc.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conrad or Fitzwilliam???

I would also pick the Fitzwilliam. Although breakfast isn't included, if you walk around the corner to South William St, you will find a wealth of places to find a cheap breakfast.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conrad or Fitzwilliam???

I would pick the Conrad every time. See my review. It is a lovely hotel in a quiet and secluded area, but only 5 minutes through St. Stephen's Green to Grafton Street.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,673 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Conrad or Fitzwilliam???

At your age, the Conrad.

You would find the Fitzwilliam too staid.

5. Re: Conrad or Fitzwilliam???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 17:16