We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

Greenville SC
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

What will happen when we landl in Dublin-do we need to claim our luggage and go through customs again? Are the terminals far apart?

Since we are changing airlines is there anyway to transport our luggage form one airline to the other>

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,967 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

I don't know if this might be the best suggestion with walking problems but Malhide Castle is within a cab ride of the airport and might be worth a visit for a couple of hours rather than spending all your time inside the Airport.

http://www.malahidecastle.com/default.asp

Edited: 29 May 2011, 10:27
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

Just be aware that Ryanair has cancelled or curtailed a number of flights as and from Dublin this September. Some people who have booked have now received emails advising them of their cancellation. Nice, Girona, La Rochelle, Porto, Prague, Rodez, Santander, Tours, Zadar, Trapani, Bologna, Marseille are just some of the flights effected.

Edited: 29 May 2011, 10:53
Greenville SC
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

I Really like that idea!! Even if we go for lunch hit would break up the day!! I went to their web site and it looks lovely. thanks for the suggestion.

Greenville SC
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

Surely they wouldn't cancel less than 2 weeks away!! Our whole trip would be ruined completely. I wonder if there is any way to check. They do not take emails!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,967 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

The cancellations are part of the usual winter schedule cuts which they bring in, in September every year.. if you are travelling next month in high season then there is no cause for concern. Extra flights on the winter schedule have been cancelled due to the current economic climate.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

No Tony that's not altogether right. They normally bring in their winter schedule in late October. I have flown to both Nice and Girona in early October in the past. This year some of the routes are going in early to mid September. Hey! For me that's still summer time. Ryanair promised that if the travel tax was removed then they would increase the number of routes and the number of tourists in to Ireland. The government has cancelled the travel tax. Called their bluff. Somehow I think that these routes will all be re-introduced as new routes. We shall see.

17. Re: continental airways from US to ryan air to Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 05:33