We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant near grand canal theatre

Tullamore
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
restaurant near grand canal theatre

Hey looking for recommendations of nice restaurant for dinner before a show in the grand canal. Cheap and cheerful and close to theatre preferably.

Cheers

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: restaurant near grand canal theatre

Try the Ely Gastro Pub just beside the theatre - it's a pub/restaurant but quite good.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: restaurant near grand canal theatre

I think you will need to cross to the other side of the River Liffey as there is not really that much close to the theatre.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: restaurant near grand canal theatre

I second Domhnalls recomendation for Ely as the nicest place close by.

Depending on what you mean by cheap and cheerful, Herbstreet is another option with gourmet burgers/steaks etc. c .http://www.herbstreet.ie/sites/default/files/augustdinnermenu.pdf

Riva, is also a decent enough.

menupages.ie/Dublin/…riva_restaurant.aspx

Springfield...
Level Contributor
50 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: restaurant near grand canal theatre

does anyone know if they have food at Kittty O'Shea's pub near the theater?

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
1 review
5. Re: restaurant near grand canal theatre

Kitty's is long gone I'm afraid. There's a hotel on the site now which houses "The Gasworks" bar and I believe they serve bar food in the afternoons and evenings.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: restaurant near grand canal theatre

There is actually a bridge right beside the theatre than spans the Liffey. It will bring you right over to the IFSC area that has plenty of places that might suit. http://www.chq.ie/index.jsp?p=348&n=351

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,913 posts
228 reviews
7. Re: restaurant near grand canal theatre

Hi nwg86

Ely is great - so another vote from me.

However, if you're looking for cheap and cheerful - you might like to have a look at Milano, it's a pizza chain (pizza express in the UK) and they have a restaurant right accross from the Theatre - as pizzas go, it does exactly what it says on the tin!!

milano.ie/our-restaurants/7779/milano-dublin…

8. Re: restaurant near grand canal theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 06:23