We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could anyone recommend a restraunt near Vicar St ?

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
105 reviews
Could anyone recommend a restraunt near Vicar St ?

I can't find a web page for Vicar Street. Can anyone help please ? All i keep getting is Atkin promotions. I can't even find a map on the internet telling me where Vicar street is........... Help !

There are six of us travelling from KiIlkenny to see Tommy Tiernan this Friday in Vicar street. I see the best place recommened to park the car is Jurys car park Christchurch.

Can anyone suggest a restraunt near to the venue please. Somethink tasty and hopefully offering an early bird deal.........................i would appreciate any info. Thank you.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
1. Re: Could anyone recommend a restraunt near Vicar St ?

Hopefully Feno who lives near Vicar Street and who knows the area very well will chime in with suggestions but you should note that Temple Bar and Georges Street (both falling down with restaurants) are about 20 mins walk from Vicar Street. We find both of these sites very useful for deciding on restaurants.

www.ireland-guide.com

www.menupages.ie

Feno - if you do see this, is that little cafe on Thomas Street, just around the corner from the Tivoli which served a couple of pastas and a meze of North African starters still there? Cant' remember what it was called but it was both cheap and very delicious.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Could anyone recommend a restraunt near Vicar St ?

HI Kilkenny,

Firstly Vicar Street is on Thomas St, its a 5min walk from Christchurch, check out below link for location.

dublintheatrefestival.com/venues/display.asp…

In regards to restaurants, theres not a great selection on Thomas St itself, although there is the ever fabulous Just off Francis, I go there regularly and have never been disapointed and its reasonable enough, although the menu is a tad limited.

justofffrancis.ie/Just-Off-Francis-Menu.pdf

Howdy Tapl: that cafe was called piedescalso and is unfortunately gone, they used to do a great brunch, however its been replaced by aforementioned Just off Franics, which I'm a big fan of.

Apart from above restaurant, I'd agree with Tapl in regards to Temple Bar and Georges St as your best options. Personally my fav is Salamanca on Dame St (just facing City Hall) and they do a great early bird, 3 course for €15, cheap and v.cheerful, My favs on Georges St are Diwali Indian/Nepalese (my fav Indian) and Brasserie Sixty6, which is a little more expensive than the others but worth it, not sure if they do an early bird. Another one I just though of on Georges St is South Street, cheap and cheerful and also do a good early bird.

Hope you have a good time at the gig.

menupages.ie/dublin/…menu.aspx

http://www.brasseriesixty6.com/menu.html

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
3. Re: Could anyone recommend a restraunt near Vicar St ?

That's a pity about Piedescalso. We were last in there about three years ago for pre-theatre nosh before heading to the Tivoli. The food was delish and they were so friendly. Have made a note of Just Off Francis and will make a point of trying it out soon.

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
105 reviews
4. Re: Could anyone recommend a restraunt near Vicar St ?

Thank you for your prompt relpy and information. I'll be clicking on the links you gave me to find a nice place to eat. Kind regards.

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
105 reviews
5. Re: Could anyone recommend a restraunt near Vicar St ?

Thank you for the information it is much appreciated.

6. Re: Could anyone recommend a restraunt near Vicar St ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 05:18