We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas events at Farmleigh House, Phoenix Park

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Topic
Christmas events at Farmleigh House, Phoenix Park

Farmleigh now have details of their Christmas events up on their website.

http://www.farmleigh.ie/Events/Christmas2010/

Farmleigh is a lovely 18th century Georgian house and estate located within the Phoenix Park. Once the property of the Guinness family, it's now owned by the Irish State who use it mainly as a B&B (albeit a very salubrious one!) to accommodate visiting dignatories. It can be visited throughout the year but it's especially atmospheric in the lead up to Christmas.

Our own Christmas season wouldn't be complete without our annual visit to the Christmas market at Farmleigh. It's a really nice day out. The main event for us is the small food market full of yummy artisan seasonal goodies (and some which are delicious year round). But there's also a programme of events including carriage rides, a nativity scene with real animals from the estate, tours of Farmleigh House, carol singers, barber shop quartets, as well as storytelling and other children's events, all of which are free. There's also usually stalls selling food and warming drinks to eat right there as well as the small boat house restaurant. There's a free car park just a short walk from the house.

http://www.farmleigh.ie/

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,505 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas events at Farmleigh House, Phoenix Park

Sounds great and do you get in free if you wear a red coat??

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas events at Farmleigh House, Phoenix Park

Thanks Tapl, we were at Farmleigh last Sunday and I would definitely recommend a visit and guided tour which lasts 45 minutes and is free !!!

I am glad to report that the house and grounds are very nice and I was especially pleased to see that it is not over ostentatious or vulgar, just a nice homely place for visiting dignitaries. It is important that buildings such as Farmleigh are preserved.

I particularly liked the library and Mrs Bryno 'wants the hallway'. She'll be waiting.

The farmers market too (in the backyard) was very good with lots of choice.

Edited: 13 November 2010, 22:48
3. Re: Christmas events at Farmleigh House, Phoenix Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2011, 06:16