We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to the Aviva Stadium???

west of ireland
Level Contributor
134 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to the Aviva Stadium???

Hi,

I'm going to Michael Buble on Friday nite and am just wondering what's the best mode of transport? I am travelling to Dublin by train but will be staying in Dundrum?

1) Should I book a taxi to take me to the stadium?

2)Will I hop on the Luas and get off at Charlemont Bridge and walk?

3)How far is the stadium from this luas stop?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

N.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to the Aviva Stadium???

If you decide to take a taxi, then booking one would ensure you got one when you wanted one.

It's about 30 minutes' walk from Charlemont LUAS stop to the Aviva Stadium. Here's a useful tool for working out the route, distances and time taken to walk from one to the other on foot. Just put Charlemont on the LUAS box on the origin column and Lansdowne Road DART in the rail box on the destination column

dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/…start.do

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to the Aviva Stadium???

You could get the 44 or 48a bus to Ranelagh and get off at the top of Marlborough Road. Walk down Marlborough Road and straight through to Herbert Park that will bring you to Ballsbridge beside the American Embassy/Roly's Bistro.

west of ireland
Level Contributor
134 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to the Aviva Stadium???

Hi, thanks for the replies. How long a walk is it from renelagh? I will be tight for time, Im thinking now that I might just go straight from train as it gets in around 5 and it might be a bit of a rush getting out to dundrum and back if the traffic is heavy.

We never think of these things when we book the tickets . But i'm it will be worth all the effort.

Thanks again

N.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to the Aviva Stadium???

I could walk from Ranelagh to Aviva in about 20 minutes.

After the show stop off here and buy a bag of chips.

http://www.whoseview.ie/business/Embassy-Grill-Ballsbridge-Dublin-3618.html;jsessionid=8FFDE43762658BDC290427108EDCA014

Then stroll over the bridge and walk back up Anglesea Road as far as Donnybrook Church. If you cross the road and stand opposite the church you should be able to pick up a taxi heading back in to town on the N11.

Helpful map of the area here.

www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-embasssygrill

5. Re: Getting to the Aviva Stadium???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2011, 04:18