We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Dublin dinner show??

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best Dublin dinner show??

We are thinking we would like to attend one of the Irish music and dancing dinner shows. Has anyone seen the Merry Ploughboys and the Irish House Party? I am wondering if there are any big differences between the two and if one might be better than the other. Both get good reviews on this site, so I am thinking we can't go wrong with either.

Thanks in advance!

Kim

Bayonne, New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Dublin dinner show??

I was wondering the same thing....we will leave for Ireland on Oct. 18 if anyone can post by then.

Also we are traveling with our 9 yr old son...which one would be better with a child in tow?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Dublin dinner show??

We think you might struggle to find posters who've had experience of both. They're not really the kind of events which attract locals and in our experience most visitors interested in attending an Irish dinner show will usually select just from those on offer during their stay. But you might be lucky...

The Irish House Party takes place in the inner south city suburb of Ballsbridge, about 3km from the city centre. The Merry Ploughboy is much further out, about 10km the city centre.

But with a nine year old child, you may not have a choice. By law children have to be off the premises of pubs by 9pm. The Irish House Party welcomes children but we're not sure about the Merry Ploughboys so it would be advisable to e-mail them to check before you make any plans.

Edited: 10 October 2010, 20:34
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Dublin dinner show??

Passing the Burlington Hotel yesterday I saw this advertised.

burlingtonhotel.ie/upload/…christmas2010.pdf

The Burlington is about a 20 minute walk from St.Stephens Green.

4. Re: Best Dublin dinner show??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 06:42