We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

temple bar

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
temple bar

Looking for recommendation of a hotel or b&b in temple bar for a couple of 21 yr old girls. Safety and location are priorities. Is anybody familiar with Farrington's on Essex st. ? I realize that the noise level is high, however, it is only for two nights and they wish to stay in Temple Bar. Any suggestions? Yes - I have read reviews on dozens of hotels and b&bs, simply looking for input from somebody that has been there. Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: temple bar

Farringtons is basically a pub with about 5 B&B rooms and it's in a particularly noisy corner of Temple Bar. One accommodation in TB is as safe as the next really, and they just need to keep their wits about them as they would in any nightlife area. You may not be familiar with Dublin but the city centre is pretty compact so there's lots of hotels within a stone's throw of Temple Bar which make it very accessible without having to sleep in the middle of it all.

michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: temple bar

Thanks for your input. Yes, my original selections were just outside TB and within walking distance, however, the girls want to be smack in the middle of ..... the party. Certainly not my choice. Thank You.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: temple bar

We don't remember being much into sleep or peace and quiet at 21 either! Other popular choices across a range of budgets which are in the thick of it in TB are:

The Paramount

Eliza Lodge

River House Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel

The Morgan

The Arlington (the Lord Edward Street rather than the Bachelors Walk one)

The Fleet Hotel

Fitzsimons (above and beside a major party pub).

Oliver St. John Gogarty's (another big party pub)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: temple bar

am personally familiar with Farringtons and would recommend it if the girls wanted to be slap bang in the middle of everything....

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: temple bar

I`ve stayed in the River House when I was in Dublin with party loving offspring and they insisted on being in the thick of the action. Its ok, rooms very small as I recall, and certainly not luxurious, but comfortable enough and the breakfast was very good. I remember the staff were very helpful and gave us good advice about Dublin shopping . 24 hour reception and it felt like a safe place. The location was spot on for the Temple Bar mayhem!

6. Re: temple bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 06:16