We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
322 posts
252 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

We're staying in Temple Bar and looks like Bus 748 would be perfect:

dublinbus.ie/en/…

It does pickup at Ormond Quay, right? The website is really vague on where it picks up, and when. Can someone help? We've got a Friday morning 10am flight so we'll need to be at the airport by 8am at the latest.

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
322 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

I'm also seeing a similarly priced AirCoach.ie option.. Which is best for a Temple Bar hotel?

Edited: 20 May 2010, 05:37
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

Not sure what hotel in Temple Bar you are staying at but the 748 can indeed be picked up from Ormond Quay. The stop can be seen across the river from the stop at the Dublin Civic Offices.

The bus can be very easily timed as the Ormond Quay stop is the first pick-up point after Heuston Station (about 5 mins away).

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

I would recommend walking to the corner of Fleet Street and Westmoreland Street where you can pick up either Aircoach / bus 746 at the same stop.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
322 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

We're staying at the Arlington Temple Bar, on Lord Edward Street.

Thanks for the help - I'm glad to see there's convenient airport access - lots of cities fall short in this department!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

It's a pretty easy walk to the Ormond Quay bus stop crossing the Capel St Bridge from Parliment St.

It may be fairly bumpy wheeling cases through the cobbled streets of Temple Bar as far as Westmoreland St.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
322 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

Thanks for the help! Looks like if I want to guarantee I'll be at the airport before 8AM, I should be standing at the Ormond Quay by 7:15 AM for Bus 748.

dublinbus.ie/en/…

Does that appear to be correct?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
322 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

Worked out perfectly - bus arrived at 7:17 and at the airport shortly thereafter. Thanks!

8. Re: Getting from Temple Bar to the airport - Bus 748?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2010, 05:15