We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Stephen's Day in Dublin.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
St Stephen's Day in Dublin.

Does anyone know of any interesting events in the city the couple of days after Christmas? With the shops open, my wife and daughter have their days planned already. I'd love to hear a few suggestions for a less than fit culchie to attend.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St Stephen's Day in Dublin.

Hi spiceloft - on Stephen's Day, most things will be closed, with the exception of the National Museum of Ireland (Kildare Street and Collins Barracks will be open 10am - 5pm) and the Botanic Gardens (9am to 4.30pm).

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Stephen's Day in Dublin.

Thanks Tapl. There's always the Porterhouse.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Stephen's Day in Dublin.

there's always the Leopardstown Races too......

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Stephen's Day in Dublin.

The Wren Boys will be performing in Sandymount Green around midday on the 26th. I've been to it a few times and it's always fun.

Only a quick hop in a taxi from town :-)

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Stephen's Day in Dublin.

Good options everybody. I'm not sure if I could afford the gee gees as well as the twin pronged assault on the shops. The Wren sounds good Suzy.

6. Re: St Stephen's Day in Dublin.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2010, 05:19