We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kilmacthomas...
2 posts
Save Topic
Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

Please somebody help. I need to take my 4 year old to dublin on Monday 2nd November for an appointment at 7 am on Tuesay please tell me someplace to stay over night with easy reach to Crmlin hospital we do not have a car for this trip trains taxi luas bus etc but somewhere as near as possible

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

I live about 5 minutes from Crumlin Hospital if you give me a couple of hours I will find out about accomadition I know that there is a couple of bed and breakfast quite close to the hospital not far from the hospital there is several hotels Morans Red Cow Hotel also Louie Fitzgerald hotel on Naas Road 5 mins by taxi The Green Isle and Bewleys hotel at Newlands Cross but lrt me find out about bb and I will contact you soon.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

One other point does the Ronald Mc Donald house inside the hospital not cater for people who need to stay overnight see if you can check this out with Crumlin

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

I don't know of any hotels in the Crumlin area itself. Given that your appointment is so early, this is what I would suggest: -

- the nearest hotels are probably the Sheldon Park, Ibis or Moran's Red Cow hotels which are either on or just off the Naas Road in the Clondalkin and Kylemore areas. The Ibis is likely to be the cheapest. The Ibis Hotel and Moran's Red Cow Hotel are both right beside the LUAS Red Cow stop so if you're arriving at Heuston, you can pick the LUAS up outside the station and travel on the same line right to the Red Cow stop. The Sheldon Park is about 10 minutes walk from the Kylemore stop on the same line.

- all of these hotels are about 10 minutes in a taxi from the hospital. You can ask the hotel to book it for you - best do it the night before for an early morning start.

- when you are finished at the hospital take the no. 123 bus from outside the Our Lady's Hospital at Crumlin to either Suir Road or St. James's hospital where you can pick up the LUAS back to Heuston. It's 4 stops from Suir Road and one stop (and walking distance) from St. James's.

http://www.luas.ie/red-line.php

ibishotel.com/gb/…index.shtml

www.moranhotels.com/red-cow-moran-hotel/

www.sheldonpark.ie/multi/default.asp…

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
6,857 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

It might also be worth contacting the Accommodation Office or The Admissions Office of the hospital. According to their web site:

"The Accommodation Officer or Admissions Office can also provide information on approved Bed & Breakfast accommodation in the locality. "

olhsc.ie/ForParents/…

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

The accomadition office also have a list of parents and families in the area that help other parents with accomadition some of the houses are beside the hospital.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

While the hospital may be able to give some suggestions for accommodation nearby, the Accommodation and Admissions Office are mainly concerned with assisting the parents of children who have been admitted to the hospital rather than those who are attending out patients clinics with their children.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

Out of the hotels that have been previously mentioned I would go with the Sheldon Park on the Kylemore Rd. It's less then 10 minutes in a taxi from Crumlin children's Hospital.The number 18 bus serves Crumlin from the Sheldon Park Hotel though the taxi would be a better option for you as it can be hard to judge what time the 18 will arrive.

The Sheldon is also a 5 minute walk from the Kylemore Luas Stop on the Naas Rd so it's easy to get there from the city centre. McDonalds is also opposite the luas stop. Don't usually recommend the place but might be nice for a special treat :-)

www.sheldonpark.ie/multi/default.asp…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

Also if you get the train to Dublin you can just catch the luas from heuston Station to Kylemore Luas stop. Off the top of my head it's about 7 stops.

I'm also pretty sure that Bus Eireann Buses stop at the luas stop at kylemore as a request stop if you are getting the bus. It would be better know to drivers as the "McDonalds stop" on the naas Rd.

Good luck! :-)

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

Sorry i can't help with accommodation suggestions.But I wish you the very best & hope all goes well for your 4 year old !

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomadation near Crumlin childrenspital

yes there is a luas stop about 100 yards from the Sheldon the 18 bus stop is about 50 yards in either direction you get out of the Luas at Volkswagon and walk down the Kylemore Road the number 18 stops outside Crumlin Hospital or a taxi will have you there in a few minutes. If you need food during the day there are several pubs that sell food up from the hospital.