We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Topic
Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

Clocks in Ireland and the UK will go back one hour at 2am on Sunday 25th October when Irish/British Summer Time (GMT+1) ends and we revert back to GMT.

If you are planning to travel on 25th October, double check your tickets, flight times etc. to make sure the time change has been factored in.

It's good news if you have an early morning departure on Sunday 25th October as you'll have an extra hour in bed!

Meaford, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

This happened to me last year with Air Transat - took numerous phone calls to Air Transat before they realized their error - only updated their website about 1/2 hour prior to the flight.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

I;m all confused - for some reason I thought the bank holiday was the week after, and that clocks went back the week after. Only yesterday I found it was the weekend of 25th.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

Thanks for the reminder - this STILL gets us every year...

What luck that this year, without realising it, we'll be able to spend our extra hour in bed at a 5* hotel in Mayfair, London that we snagged off priceline for under £100 - perfect :-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

Lucky you Ragoora!

You in your 5 star in London - me in a 5* in Dublin for an overnighter. Will have one for you if you could tip into Benares on Berkeley Square and have a cocktail for me ;-)

Thanks TAPL - I had forgotten about the clocks that weekend - an extra treat of a luxurious lie in will be welcommed and in a minority I know but I'm looking forward to the dark winter nights!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

Oh I feel a little left out. We don't change time in Arizona.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

That trip's already planned out to the last detail LP and the night will be spent at a gig in Islington so maybe a cocktail at the newly opened 69 Colebrooke Row will suffice? It's been set up by the peeps who hosted our Civil Partnership party and they've just won Time Out London's Best New Bar of 2009 so it'd be rude not to! Or how about we have an extra blueberry pancake at The Wolseley for you? Just realised that our 10am reservation will now effectively be 11am so that's even more of a GMT treat :-)

http://www.69colebrookerow.com/

http://www.thewolseley.com/

Loving all these great hotel off-season offers on at the moment - we're off to Paris in the morning and have booked a 4* camp as knickers 'boutique' hotel for the price you'd normally pay for a 3*standard over there - incroyable!

http://www.villa-royale.com/

:-)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

Bump

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

I wish someone in authority would get some sense and STOP this hour forward/backward stupidity.

Does anyone here think that this can ever be reality?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

Thanks Tapl....do you think you could postpone that "turning back" for an extra couple weeks. I'm arriving Tuesday and don't want it to be tooooo dark for me to find the pubs ....just kiddin' ya know ;-)

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clocks in Ireland go back an hour on 25th October!

Cruiseking, have you ever 'cruised' into Cobh (County Cork)?